You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Incredible BH Satellite

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Don't normally start topics on here, but thought this was quite impressive.

I was just playing the £5000 BH satellite, top 8 winning entry. With 12 players left in, I was disconnected (mid stack roughly 7th in chips). Cue the slowest reload ever of the computer, before finally getting back onto the table.
When I arrive, I am all in in the small blind for 40 (blinds 1000/2000) with AK v J6.
Flop 6 6 K
Turn X

River K!

Doubled up to 80!
Next hand, someone shoves for <1BB UTG, called by SB who hits top pair, and sees me through to the Bounty Hunter tonight.

Gotta be a good sign for the main tourney, would be nice to get a decent cash after hitting my two-outer!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I had an odd one last night in SPT sattelite (£5 freezout one)

Was down to 5 players and I was in 4th (top 3 got seats in to the 9.30pm semi) at the break

Went to make a brew and paused the x-factor. When I came back my screen had gone into stand by mode and I carried on watching the x-factor results, I got that into it I realised about 20 mins later that i,d forgotten about my game. I got the screen back up and to my suprise had somehow finished 2nd and got a seat.
    I played the semi but got knocked out by the 3rd hand after a stupid mistake. 
    Will try again tommorow 
    (Just sattelited into Thursdays 10k BH at first attempt which makes up for it a bit)