You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MOVING FROM 10 MAX TO 6 MAX HELP

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi
I am really struggling moving from 10 max where i am usually profitable to 6 max where i am definately not
What tips can you all suggest as i really want to improve my 6 max game
Look forward to your replies
Thanks
Gary

Comments

• edited October 2010
    basically the same except the first 3 early positions in 9max arent there anymore, steal blinds play in position as much as possible take lots of notes on opponents and try to flop as many sets as possible
  • edited October 2010
    I'm probably not the best to give advice as I don't play much 10 handed, but what I have noticed is 6 handed you don't need to raise as aggro as 10 handed. In 6 handed 4x raise is good enough and will weed a lot of junk out (will be easy to spot the fish) where as when i play 10 handed I tend to raise much bigger as there is always a station or 2, so I make it about 6x.

Cbets are very effective 6 handed as you are rarely up against more than 2 players post flop, so you can take a lot of pots down quickly.

Your hand does not need to be as strong as 10 handed for obvious reasons, but don't get too spewy.

Position is also important (as it is 10 handed) as said above you are likely to only be against 1 player post flop so to have position on them puts you at a massive advantage.

Goodluck
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: MOVING FROM 10 MAX TO 6 MAX HELP:
    I'm probably not the best to give advice as I don't play much 10 handed, but what I have noticed is 6 handed you don't need to raise as aggro as 10 handed. In 6 handed 4x raise is good enough and will weed a lot of junk out (will be easy to spot the fish) where as when i play 10 handed I tend to raise much bigger as there is always a station or 2, so I make it about 6x. Cbets are very effective 6 handed as you are rarely up against more than 2 players post flop, so you can take a lot of pots down quickly. Your hand does not need to be as strong as 10 handed for obvious reasons, but don't get too spewy. Position is also important (as it is 10 handed) as said above you are likely to only be against 1 player post flop so to have position on them puts you at a massive advantage. Goodluck
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Great tips
    I especially the C bet advice, it is easier to play a strong hand slow in 10 max as there is every chance of a re-raise, you get paid more often

The problem i am having is the starting stacks usually 2000, compared to 3000 on the 10 max i play, the blinds do not come around so much and there is more play 

Getting into the rythm and my bet sizes i find a problem

Thanks again Charles
  • ybyb
    edited October 2010
    6max is a lot more fun. You can play more hands, people play more aggressively and the nits aren't so profitable! Apart from flashflush lol :p
  • edited October 2010
    only advice i can give is don`t beat me, pleeaaaaaassssssse lol