You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

goodnite norman

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
sadly another leg end  has gone.what a funny man.RIP. del

Comments

• edited October 2010

For the avoidance of doubt, Wayne is referring to Norman Wisdom.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to goodnite norman:
    sadly another leg end  has gone.what a funny man.RIP. del
    Posted by DELTA
    +1

Certainly could teach a lot of these so-called modern day comics a thing or two in how to be funny.

RIP.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: goodnite norman:
    For the avoidance of doubt, Wayne is referring to Norman Wisdom.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay hun. I wasn`t quite sure who Del was referring to. xx

Norman Wisdom was brilliant and has left in his memory a legacy of laughter that will go on and on for many generations to come.
  • edited October 2010
    Farewell Ledge
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: goodnite norman : Thanks Tikay hun. I wasn`t quite sure who Del was referring to. xx Norman Wisdom was brilliant and has left in his memory a legacy of laughter that will go on and on for many generations to come.
    Posted by candi
    You were not alone there Candi - I had FIVE PM's in as many minutes enquiring if it was someone else. (Also a "Norman"). Hence my Post.
  • edited October 2010

He shall be missed by Mr Grimsdale. RIP Norman. A truly great comic.
  • edited October 2010
    One of very few people who could make me laugh without saying a single word        R.I.P. Mr.Wisdom.
  • edited October 2010

My favorite comedy actor he will never be replaced by today so called comedians. 
    R I P Pipkin

• edited October 2010

One of the enduring memories of my childhood....... I had tears in my eyes when I heard the news earlier.

I was privileged to play golf with Norman Wisdom a number of times at Portal Golf Club. On one occasion he asked me to give him a lift bringing the drinks over from the bar. He explained to our group that he would need help because at the age of 83 he wasn't very steady on his legs. We both left the seating area to go to the bar which meant walking down 3 steps to the lower bar level. At the top of the steps Norman did his old trick of catching one foot behind the other and went head over heels down all three stairs and ended up face down on the carpet. We all gasped and rushed over to where Norman was lying prostrate. Someone shouted over to the barman to get an ambulance and we were all stunned, at which point Norman rolled over laughing and saying ''that got you all out of your seats didn't it'' in his inimitable ''Mr Grimsdale'' voice.

• edited October 2010
    yes very sad that such a great man and legend has left us but at least we have memories and films to remember him by.
    bet he is cracking them angels up  though.
  • edited October 2010
    One of the enduring memories of my childhood....... I had tears in my eyes when I heard the news earlier. I was privileged to play golf with Norman Wisdom a number of times at Portal Golf Club. On one occasion he asked me to give him a lift bringing the drinks over from the bar. He explained to our group that he would need help because at the age of 83 he wasn't very steady on his legs. We both left the seating area to go to the bar which meant walking down 3 steps to the lower bar level. At the top of the steps Norman did his old trick of catching one foot behind the other and went head over heels down all three stairs and ended up face down on the carpet. We all gasped and rushed over to where Norman was lying prostrate. Someone shouted over to the barman to get an ambulance and we were all stunned, at which point Norman rolled over laughing and saying ''that got you all out of your seats didn't it'' in his inimitable ''Mr Grimsdale'' voice.
    Posted by elsadog
    Awwww, how lovely! xx
  • edited October 2010
    Hi Tikay
    When i saw the post i too thought of another Norman and my PACE maker nearly went off

I think Norman Wisdom was a legend, i watched a documentary about him the other night, the stunts he did himself were mind-boggling
    Truly he will always be remembered as a great.

Bye Norman
  • edited October 2010
    Hi Tikay When i saw the post i too thought of another Norman and my PACE maker nearly went off I think Norman Wisdom was a legend, i watched a documentary about him the other night, the stunts he did himself were mind-boggling Truly he will always be remembered as a great. Bye Norman
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    I played poker last night with Mr. Norman Pace and can confirm, that he is very much alive!

And he was certainly still alive in the tournament when I made an untimely exit 14 off the money. :(