You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Donk bet?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMr_Grim Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £22.18 villain Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £27.38 rob2310 Big blind  £0.30 £0.75 £3.80   Your hole cards A K       rob2310 Check     pryce6 Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £34.07 fisherma09 Fold     Mr_Grim Fold     villain Call  £0.90 £2.85 £26.48 rob2310 Fold     Flop    4 7 4       villain Bet  £1.43 £4.28 £25.05 pryce6 ??? 

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Ok so I raise pf and get the call from the bb (no reads have not played with him before). The flop is pretty good for me without hitting the A or K, i'm c-betting this always and happy I'm ahead. Suddenly he leads into me... Doesn't happen too often and when it does I usually put them on air and raise. Is that correct? Should I be raising this or peeling because I'm confident I'm ahead?
  • edited October 2010
    could have over pair, raise and find out!
  • edited October 2010

I used to raise all donk bets in heads up pots, but started to float more, and this is a great spot to do so.

They rarely donkbet then fold, it takes 2/3 barrels to make them fold normally, so flat, and try and figure out a move on the turn.

U can represent clubs and overcards if one hits, u have 6 outs yourself, and you could already have the best hand.

If the turn is a rubbish blank, and he leads strongly again, you can just fold, and make a note on his play. 

• edited October 2010
    exactly what dohh said!  my guess is he has hit 7's or on a draw, he prob knows you have high cards so im guessing he knows ur calling or raising back into him so call and move on the turn.
  • edited October 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Mr_Grim Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £22.18
    villain Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £27.38
    rob2310 Big blind  £0.30 £0.75 £3.80
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

rob2310 Check     
    pryce6 Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £34.07
    fisherma09 Fold     
    Mr_Grim Fold     
    villain Call  £0.90 £2.85 £26.48
    rob2310 Fold     
    Flop

villain Bet  £1.43 £4.28 £25.05
    pryce6 Call  £1.43 £5.71 £32.64
    Turn

villain Bet  £4.28 £9.99 £20.77
    pryce6        ??   
    So I went for the call on the flop. Then he fires again on the turn. On the flop I was putting him on a club draw, maybe like QJc, KJc. Should I continue calling believing I have the best hand or just give up. I don't put 56 in his range so the straight isn't worrying me. 7 8 maybe?
  • edited October 2010
    Yeh he's led strongly again, he aint bluffing,  -  just give the hand up.

Make a note on his play, you can play your strong hands slow in position, knowing he donks x 2.

I think he has 88 or 99.

• edited October 2010
    I think readless I just chuck it on the turn, he could have random 7s like A7, K7, 78, 67 etc that he takes this line with.
  • edited October 2010
    Personally i would get rid on flop, although im a bit nitty(not donkeyplop nitty :P) i dont mind being the better but calling when you could be well behind or needing to hit, Fold<Call<Re-raise imo basically if you do call because you think just a donk bet then would make them bet again on the turn as they have so would be folding, as no reads have to assume they are not completely stupid so they should have 4 or at least top pair by turn
  • edited October 2010
    call,  take notes
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Donk bet?:
    call,  take notes
    Posted by offshoot
    Yeah, I ended up doing this.
  • edited October 2010
    Yeh he's led strongly again, he aint bluffing,  -  just give the hand up. Make a note on his play, you can play your strong hands slow in position, knowing he donks x 2. I think he has 88 or 99.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Just seen the repeat of primo - gr8 read dohh !!

WP !
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Donk bet? : Just seen the repeat of primo - gr8 read dohh !! WP !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL

I'm a fish listen to Ed.