You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Strategy

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Next week I will be playing in a live MTT. What would be the best strategy for the following tournament set-up?

Starting Blinds: 2000
Blinds start at 25/50 and for the first hour go up every 20 mins. There is a 15 min break where everyone is given an extra 1500 chips at no extra cost weather they've been knocked out or not. The blinds then go up every 15 mins for the next 90 mins and then go up every 10 mins for the rest of the game.

I am used to playing slower blind levels on STT in my home games where I play quite tight and aggressive. How should I adjust my strategy?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    For a live tournament this is a VERY fast structure, its like playing 5 minute blinds online. I would go for broke in this, bet out on draws, overbet pots with strong hands, before you know it people will be in shove or fold mode and if you have built up a stack you can afford to call those shoves and if luck is with you and your hands hold you will go very deep in the tournament.

Goodluck