You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

playing cash.... help

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
hello all

playing a spot of cash on 5-10p tables and i got a double up and any raise gets through because of my stack.. is it worth standing and going new table

Craig

Comments

• edited October 2010
    raises do not get thru on cash because of your stack.  if anything it should be the opposite.

if you think your have an edge on the table and there are others that are deep stacked then stay.  if not then stand and look for a new table where you can sit at 100bbs again
  • edited October 2010
    thank you scotty... attempting to get into cash....
  • edited October 2010
    the good thing about cash is that you don't usually have to wait to find a new table, so if you've made a nice profit then sometimes its better to lock it up.
  • edited October 2010
     i think its harder to win on 5 10 than on larger stakes,,  if you make a 5 times bb raise on small  blind tables its still only 40 p so your AA kk and so on will get cracked more than on bb tables if you make a raise on 25 50 its more like 3 pound,, so people will think twice about calling ,, if your doing ok on 5 10 move up a level ,, and my advice is dont bluff there is allways some one can,t fold and will call you good luck
  • edited October 2010
    timeshare money is relative to some 40p might be quite alot where as others its not much at all so i wouldnt say that is a correct assessment, its just because people are worse poker players and play more hands so your hands will get cracked mroe often, but the times they dont you will also make more money in terms of bbs than at higher levels
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: playing cash.... help:
    the good thing about cash is that you don't usually have to wait to find a new table, so if you've made a nice profit then sometimes its better to lock it up.
    Posted by scotty77
    Just out of interest why do you say that?

In cash you should only keave the table if you would have left anyway regardless of if you doubled up or lost a buyin. Also if you have doubled through you are then sat deeper stacked which is an advantage if you think you have an edge on the rest of the table, if you don't have an edge on the rest of the table you should leave anyway. The double up should never factor your desicion.

If anything a double up should make you want to stay at the table.