You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moaning about bad beats

edited October 2010 in Area 51
Before everyone starts saying poker sites are fixed just try 1 thing 1st. Get a deck of cards deal out to 6 players all facing up, take the best hand and the 4th best hand fold the rest, now pretend it's an all-in pot and deal the last 5 cards.
 See who wins the hand do this 100 times (I would say 1000 but that takes time) i recon you will get 60/40 to the best hand so not a big diffrence.
 The problen is you are getting called by players who shouldn't be in the pot to start with (bad players or desprate ones), this normally happens on tables with less than £5 to play.

Comments

• edited October 2010

Nice work wild, you have the right idea. 

(I'd say 100 million rather than 1,000, but agree, it wud take too long! lol)

......cud always get a computer to do it for you? eh bullyfish? ;)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Moaning about bad beats:
    Nice work wild, you have the right idea.  (I'd say 100 million rather than 1,000, but agree, it wud take too long! lol) ......cud always get a computer to do it for you? eh bullyfish? ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    the problem with getting the computer to do it for you is that you are taking the human element out of it then they will say the computer is fixed lol.
     but what i'm trying to say is we all have bad beats but the higher the money is or the deeper you get into a comp the less the bad beats are cos you don't have as many bad players calling
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Moaning about bad beats : the problem with getting the computer to do it for you is that you are taking the human element out of it then they will say the computer is fixed lol.  but what i'm trying to say is we all have bad beats but the higher the money is or the deeper you get into a comp the less the bad beats are cos you don't have as many bad players calling
    Posted by wild69
    You haven't played on sky much,have you?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Moaning about bad beats : You haven't played on sky much,have you?
    Posted by igimc
    what do you mean by that?
     if you think it's fixed why are you playing it?
     it's the same on any poker site you will always get people saying the game is fixed but they still play it.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Moaning about bad beats : what do you mean by that?  if you think it's fixed why are you playing it?  it's the same on any poker site you will always get people saying the game is fixed but they still play it.
    Posted by wild69
    I.m sorry,ive re-read my post several times and i can't see the
    part where i said it was fixed,maybe your just paranoid or summit.
    I was talking about the bit about getting less BBs later on in tournies
    because all the so called donks are out and just good players remain.
    As i said,you haven't played on sky much otherwise you would know
    this to be not the case.
    kind regards.
  • edited October 2010
    i get a bad beat 100% off the time, by the misses when i lose and on the rare occassion i do win she still gives me a bad beat (ing) for the winnings
  • edited October 2010
    congrats DOHHHHH  more name dropping  think you gotta thing for me    ohhhhhhh u sooooo cute   one day you post something sensible too   whats this thing you got about 100 million hands    so you dont think 1 million would be enough   PRICELESS yet again    plz keep em coming   better than tv this
  • edited October 2010
    How about we test the sky software? Get two people to play HU on a 2p/4p table, complete every time and check it down- log the results. Sure, you'll lose a little to the rake but what's 100 hands at that level? Then we'll see how often the best hand holds up.

Could do it 4/5/6 way if you really want.
  • edited October 2010
    congrats DOHHHHH  more name dropping  think you gotta thing for me    ohhhhhhh u sooooo cute   one day you post something sensible too   whats this thing you got about 100 million hands    so you dont think 1 million would be enough   PRICELESS yet again    plz keep em coming   better than tv this
    Posted by bullyfish
    Finally! Someone other than me has sussed him.

He was in that Sky Total player and is pretty much part of the Sky Illuminati bully. Is it any wonder he's sticking up for them? He's probably been guaranteed 70/30 when it comes to 50/50s. Didn't work against me but that's just cause I'm too good to let odds like that defeat me.

Dohhhhh's not even real. He's the bot equivelant of a thousand monkeys typing for years turning out Shakespeare. The majority of his posts disapear, did you ever notice that? The ones in support of sky remain. Hmmm. How curious.