You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Played correctly?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Did I play this okay?
Am I right to re-raise here?
Could I have done anything better?
Opinions please.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
punxxs_13 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £7.87
dubc Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £7.92
  Your hole cards
  • K

WOBLY57 Call   £0.08 £0.20 £10.32
hitch420 Call   £0.08 £0.28 £15.20
donkeyplop Fold        
kayemel Call   £0.08 £0.36 £7.41
punxxs_13 Call   £0.04 £0.40 £7.83
dubc Check        
Flop

• Q
  • J

punxxs_13 Check        
dubc Check        
WOBLY57 Bet   £0.30 £0.70 £10.02
hitch420 Raise   £0.80 £1.50 £14.40
kayemel Raise   £1.30 £2.80 £6.11
punxxs_13 Raise   £3.35 £6.15 £4.48
dubc Fold        
WOBLY57 Fold        
hitch420 Fold        
kayemel All-in   £6.11 £12.26 £0.00
punxxs_13 Call   £4.06 £16.32 £0.42
punxxs_13 Show
  • K

kayemel Show
  • J

Turn

River

• Q

kayemel Win Two Pairs, Queens and Jacks £15.10   £15.10

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Personally i'm calling and hoping to see a cheap turn, don't like the raise on the flop. You're getting two signs of strength before your raise so why not flat and see the turn?
  • edited October 2010

either bet ur draw or check call dont like the check raise on the flop IMO

• edited October 2010
    Turned out you got pretty lucky getting it HU, only hands your getting action from after this is a set, 2 pair or nut flush draw which means your in big doo doo... Your basicly only in on the 2nd nut flush draw, you can't really count a gutshot as a good excuse to get it in...
  • edited October 2010
    You need to look at your pot odds, as said the check raise isnt a great move unless you think it will take the pot there and then. Then look at your call on the all in, you manage to get yourself in a £16 pot for £8 with a 3 to 1 chance of hitting your flush, this is assuming your villain isnt holding the nut draw. If I roll a dice and offer you even money on a 5 or a 6 are you going to take that?
  • edited October 2010
    me personally i would have raised with the hole cards, looks like a lot of limpers and you're in the small blind. After the flop i would have flat called the raise to see a cheap card, looking at how much money the villain had left he could only really fold or shove when you raised it to £3.30 ish in my opinion
  • edited October 2010
    joey he calls off £4 into a £12 pot, he has just under 40% equity vs most made hands > 1pair so its clearly a snap call

and fwiw we are 2:1 against hitting our flush draw.

the point of betting draws aggressively is to get people to fold so u dont ahve to hit, but there is already a bet  a raise and a min3bet on the flop before it gets to you so your fold equity is virtually zero. if you are going to raise just go all in.

pretty sure id be getting the money in all day long here, but that might be the factor of smaller stakes & we has a draw = gamboool
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Played correctly?:
    me personally i would have raised with the hole cards, looks like a lot of limpers and you're in the small blind. After the flop i would have flat called the raise to see a cheap card, looking at how much money the villain had left he could only really fold or shove when you raised it to £3.30 ish in my opinion
    Posted by FatBoy89
    why would you want to raise out of position with this hand?
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks all for comments.
  • edited October 2010
    I said at the time i didn't think your raise was the best.

The guy you got it all in with had hardly played a hand before that so was clear they had a good hand, so i doubt they were ever folding there.

• edited October 2010
    Yeah donkey bad play after it was re-raised twice.

Fun to gamble though sometimes.. wasn't that much of an underdog and had a few outs. :)

• edited October 2010
    either way the momey is going in! if u flat call they shove the turn and ur going to call so ul! u myt aswell shove or fold the flop