You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poor card shuffling?

edited October 2010 in The Shed
Not sure if this is the correct place but here goes, in a live tournament or Pub Poker league game etc, if the dealer gives the cards a pathetically short and quick shuffle between hands and 3 or 4 of previous board cards are out on board again, is this acceptable? I've seen hands where i know certain cards are going to appear on turn or river or are in someones hand due to the same cards appearing on flop that appeared on board previous hand. This can ruin the hand and even the game for someone.

Anyone have experience of this? Any comments?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    not had experiance but surely you should just ask the dealer to shuffle them for bit longer and your observations that the same cards are coming up
  • edited October 2010
    Tried that. but in Pub Poker league games each player takes turn in shuffling cards and some won't listen or don't agree that a quick shuffle affects the game.
  • edited October 2010

I'd complain, unless i was on a good draw and knew I there was a good chance i'd hit it.

• edited October 2010

I used to organise and play in pub poker leagues. Some players had difficulty holding two cards let alone trying to shuffle! If it was obvious that some players were struggling, it would be wise for the more competent players on the table to deal all the time to speed things up and mix the cards up properly so these instances might not occur.
    Another tip from my pub poker days......when H/U, use two packs of cards and get someone else to shuffle the extra pack while you are dealing the other one.  
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Poor card shuffling?:
    I used to organise and play in pub poker leagues. Some players had difficulty holding two cards let alone trying to shuffle! If it was obvious that some players were struggling, it would be wise for the more competent players on the table to deal all the time to speed things up and mix the cards up properly so these instances might not occur. Another tip from my pub poker days......when H/U, use two packs of cards and get someone else to shuffle the extra pack while you are dealing the other one.  
    Posted by MAXALLY
    pmsl Tom. Quality.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Poor card shuffling?:
    I used to organise and play in pub poker leagues. Some players had difficulty holding two cards let alone trying to shuffle! If it was obvious that some players were struggling, it would be wise for the more competent players on the table to deal all the time to speed things up and mix the cards up properly so these instances might not occur. Another tip from my pub poker days......when H/U, use two packs of cards and get someone else to shuffle the extra pack while you are dealing the other one.  
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks. Sometimes its not easy getting one person to do all the shuffling but that is a good solution. However, i go to several venues where there is always at least one who gives the cards a 3 second overhand shuffle and its not easy going to a strange venue and asking for one guy to do all the shuffling.

• edited October 2010
    Guilty as charged. Sorry.

I'm kinda handless and hate dealing. My local live game dictates I do it though. I can't do that flip thing where you get the corners together and flick them all together. I'm not sure how to shuffle without showing the bottom card even. I miss out players and have to re-deal after someone's had AA regularly. I've turned flops when players are still making decisions. I've turned rivers when players are in the tank. I wasn't designed to deal.

Isn't there a machine that can do it now? If not I welcome the invention. I came to play poker, not deal.

Guilty as charged. Sorry.
  • edited October 2010
    i deal cards like a frog in handcuffs..................52 card pick-up anyone??
  • edited October 2010

Anyway, the Sky Poker RNG sometimes forgets to shuffle/deals out the same cards/deals off the bottom of the pack & deals good cards to certain players on here so I really would not worry about it too much. We are all human (?). Apart from Bandini ofc :)

Not sure if this thread could move to General Poker Chat or Area51 now!, lol.