You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

right to call??

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
HatsOff Small blind  25.00 25.00 2975.00
doggyboy Big blind  50.00 75.00 2327.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

scooob08 Fold     
wilfred60 Call  50.00 125.00 1953.75
BURNShurtz Raise  150.00 275.00 2560.00
karen80 Call  150.00 425.00 3125.00
HatsOff Call  125.00 550.00 2850.00
doggyboy Fold     
wilfred60 Call  100.00 650.00 1853.75
Flop

• J
  • Q

HatsOff Check     
wilfred60 Check     
BURNShurtz Bet  487.50 1137.50 2072.50
karen80 Fold     
HatsOff Call  487.50 1625.00 2362.50
wilfred60 Fold     
Turn

HatsOff Check     
BURNShurtz Check     
River

HatsOff Bet  600.00 2225.00 1762.50
BURNShurtz Call  600.00 2825.00 1472.50
HatsOff Show
  • K

BURNShurtz Show
  • J
  • A

HatsOff Win Straight to the King 2825.00  4587.50

Comments

• edited October 2010

thats just bad, end of.

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: right to call??:
    thats just bad, end of.
    Posted by amanda1983
    ok
  • edited October 2010

Y is it bad? coz he was behind?

It's a tough spot.........

Raise more pre-flop, 200/250.....(your normal raise size +1)

Flop is good.

Turn is good.

River is just a rough spot. Good bet by villain btw. Ugh. With the blinds at 25/50, u can fold comfortably and be okay to play the tournament.....but....ugh. Yeh looked back you can't beat anything, but the bet is so inviting.

Would have been a really good  fold, - as it was, great bet by he other guy

Don't beat yourself up about it.

• edited October 2010
    I don't think i'd put them on the straight but theres a lot of hands beating you on the river, i'm folding. The 600 is better in your stack than being called with second pair imo.
  • edited October 2010

Yeh I guess with alot of things in poker, there's a right or wrong....

But there must be something that makes some players better than others, and it's getting decisions like this right.

U gotta figure it out  and make the right click !!!
  • edited October 2010
    Y is it bad? coz he was behind? It's a tough spot......... Raise more pre-flop, 200/250.....(your normal raise size +1) Flop is good. Turn is good. River is just a rough spot. Good bet by villain btw. Ugh. With the blinds at 25/50, u can fold comfortably and be okay to play the tournament.....but....ugh. Yeh looked back you can't beat anything, but the bet is so inviting. Would have been a really good  fold, - as it was, great bet by he other guy Don't beat yourself up about it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thanks. his bet was good, any more and i def fold.
  • edited October 2010
    Y is it bad? coz he was behind? It's a tough spot......... Raise more pre-flop, 200/250.....(your normal raise size +1) Flop is good. Turn is good. River is just a rough spot. Good bet by villain btw. Ugh. With the blinds at 25/50, u can fold comfortably and be okay to play the tournament.....but....ugh. Yeh looked back you can't beat anything, but the bet is so inviting. Would have been a really good  fold, - as it was, great bet by he other guy Don't beat yourself up about it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    in my opinion its a bad call, his pre flop/flop raises were called so to me he should of known he was beat.
  • edited October 2010
    you have been playing for 3 days according to your profile, so to be so dismissive of a play is abit harsh.

When he raised pre flop, and on the flop, and his opponent called twice, he was not beat...

The guy hit his card on the turn (and burn slowed down - perfect)

Then he value bets perfectly on the end - it's never a bad call. 

Pretty gud stuff by both players imo.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: right to call?? : in my opinion its a bad call, his pre flop/flop raises were called so to me he should of known he was beat.
    Posted by amanda1983
    So everytime someone calls and then bets into you then you'll fold? Come sit at my table please. Poker isn't black and white like that. I said that it's a fold but he could easily be bluffing and it's a great call. That's what the game is about.
  • edited October 2010
    yes it is my 3rd day playing on sky. i just think Burns could of made an easy laydown. i think the ways hatsoff played smelt like AQ, like i said thats just my opinion
  • edited October 2010
    yes it is my 3rd day playing on sky. i just think Burns could of made an easy laydown. i think the ways hatsoff played smelt like AQ, like i said thats just my opinion
    Posted by amanda1983
    wouldnt he reraise me on flop with AQ? or at least bet turn?
  • edited October 2010
    well played burn in fairness that could of easily cost you alot more, it was a bet which was too hard to turn down on river lol! unlucky but well read to slow down on turn. One thing u may like to take on is to bet more pre with that starting hand but all in all it was just unlucky and played well by the villain
  • edited October 2010
    re-raise more pre 200-250, flop good bet size would same but would be more cos my initial pre-raise

good check on turn, not many not calling river imo although beaten by alot of hands very good bet by villain. looking back easy fold but in heat of momment takes a very good player to lay that down
  • edited October 2010
     i would check back flop tbh