You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TEAM SKY - HANDICAPPED?

What an honour I thought when I found I had been selected for Team Sky  in the Sky Poker Premiership.
Also another great team competition from Sky, a format I really like.

What has happened since day one, well we have the longest Team thread, ok probably my fault and we have had microscopic discussions how Team Poker should be played. For trying to get us playing as a team we have had friendly advice from other teams and comments from them that we are in disarray. 

I dispute this , we are people that care and we want to do better as a team and we will get there despite our handicap.

What HANDICAP you say!  well being Team Sky and being short of up to ten players a match. 

How come?

Well for the honour of being in Team Sky you have ten players from SKY, yes those people who came up with the idea, people who should be interested in the competition instead of ten punters. 

Well you other teams be thankful you have punters  because their is a likelihood they might turn up on the tables. They might even win a point or two.

Team Sky is handicapped because we have ten players who didnt turn up for the last game  and if we have had two of them for the others we have been very lucky.

So SKY members of Team Sky do the decent thing, turn up and help us win and I suggest that if all ten of you don't turn up for all the last matches  you give Team Sky a freeroll of our own in compensation.

This would at least repay your faithful servants who have tried to win for you without any help from your goodselves.

As I know you are all God fearing citizens who want to do the right thing by your flock I look forward to your best efforts for the TEAM.

God Bless all brothers and sisters of Team Sky

Father Vaigret

Comments

• ACAACA
    edited October 2010
    Forgive them Father for they have sinned, they led us to worship the false god "SKY" yet never participated in our devotion to the cause, surely if "SKY" is looking down on us we will be rewarded in the end.

Thank u Father, God Bless U Father
  • edited October 2010
    We have 400+ on team,never seen more than 240 play(getting less each game).Why they sign up and do not play is beyond me but what can you do ;-) 
  • edited October 2010
    Know the problem belsibub and i sympathise my son.

However think how hard it is for me when I have the converted in my team and they still don't turn up.

My church is never full and when the choir(Sky staff) are missing it adds to my woes.

Devilish people these non beleivers in Team play.

Father Vaigret  
  • edited October 2010
    Thank you ACA

Let your poker god go with you

Father Vaigret
  • ACAACA
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: TEAM SKY - HANDICAPPED?:
    Thank you ACA Let your poker god go with you Father Vaigret
    Posted by vaigret

Father I seem to do no wrong yet time and time again I suffer at the hands of the atheists, is there light at the end of the tunnel
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    sampam16 Small blind   200.00 200.00 13925.00
    paulrowy11 Big blind   400.00 600.00 5615.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

8meal Fold        
    ACA Raise   1200.00 1800.00 3551.25
    alfarch Call   1200.00 3000.00 29951.25
    tigerkev Fold        
    sampam16 Call   1000.00 4000.00 12925.00
    paulrowy11 Fold        
    Flop

• J

sampam16 Bet   400.00 4400.00 12525.00
    ACA All-in   3551.25 7951.25 0.00
    alfarch Fold        
    sampam16 Call   3151.25 11102.50 9373.75
    sampam16 Show
    • Q

ACA Show
    • J
    • A

Turn

River

• Q

sampam16 Win Two Pairs, Queens and 6s 11102.50   20476.25
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: TEAM SKY - HANDICAPPED?:
    Know the problem belsibub and i sympathise my son. However think how hard it is for me when I have the converted in my team and they still don't turn up. My church is never full and when the choir(Sky staff) are missing it adds to my woes. Devilish people these non beleivers in Team play. Father Vaigret  
    Posted by vaigret
    Sorry Father, never noticed this thread before I posted on the Team page.
  • edited October 2010
    ACA

Devine light will come unfortunately you might have to travel further up the tunnel to find it.

God bless you my son 
  • edited October 2010
    i believe in you father and sky should hold there heads in shame for not supporting there own team.
    the only advice i can give is to get back to proper team games that are only played by forum members as it is quiet obvious that not all sky players are interested in these games so do not bother inviting them and just use them for us forum members. plz listen sky to what your loyal members need and want.

• edited October 2010
    Silver8ack

I agree mate, why they don't give us the regional team comp i don't know. loyal and interested teams in place and would be real needle and real teams.

Come on Sky

Give us what we want not what you think we want.

For goodness sake even Sky employees didn't want this comp.

If they did they would have BOTHERED to turn up and support it.