You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Text from a lady friend today....

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Getting to know a new young lady at the moment. I must have mentioned something about Sky Poker to her.

This is, ad verbatim, what she text me today;

"I had a look last night at Sky Poker to see what all the fuss is about, that old guy on it is a bit of a slever."

LMAO.

Whoever could she be referring to?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Awesome!

Being not exactly down with the kidz these days- I had to look up in the urban dictionary what slever means. There are 3 definitions and the amazing thing is, ANY of them could apply...
      SLEVER:

1 Someone who talks sh** 

2 A more street way of saying 'clever'.

3 A mix of sleeping and forever. When you are very tired, having had a lack of sleep, you're just slevered.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Text from a lady friend today....:
    Awesome! Being not exactly down with the kidz these days- I had to look up in the urban dictionary what slever means. There are 3 definitions and the amazing thing is, ANY of them could apply...   SLEVER:     1 Someone who talks sh**        2 A more street way of saying 'clever'.       3 A mix of sleeping and forever. When you are very tired, having had a lack of sleep, you're just slevered.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Don't be so hard on yourself Rich ;-)

I always thought "slever" was a Caithness word and was going to give it a definition for you Englanders. Googled it first to see if it was a real word and was surprised to find that definition. Basically up here it means the saliva that comes from your mouth and someone who talks a lot of them. So there you go, some cultural education on Sky Poker for yas. (Machka and MaxAlly take note.)
  • edited October 2010
    Cultural education should be left in the science lab.

I just hope this new 'lady friend' of yours doesn't stumble across the Lisa-Marie thread you started, that might be a bit embarrassing eh?

(note to lady friend, please don't try and PM me by clicking the "Contact Machka" link at the bottom of this thread and asking me for a link to the thread I mentioned below.)

• edited October 2010
    Slever is defo a drool. but can be used at the same to imply that someone is talkin sh!te. "Stop Slevering MsChips''
  • edited October 2010
    Ok scotish people what does this mean??????????

A wife is wyce eneuch that kens her guid man's breeks frae her ain kirtle.
  • edited October 2010

"A wife is wyce eneuch that kens her guid man's breeks frae her ain kirtle"

= A wife is wise enough to know then when cooking her husband's breakfast, she also has to put the kettle on!

(or something like that!, lol........I am sure Bandini will correct me if I am wrong though)
  • edited October 2010
    come on bandini ive got a load of these for you to translate ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Cultural education should be left in the science lab. I just hope this new 'lady friend' of yours doesn't stumble across the Lisa-Marie thread you started, that might be a bit embarrassing eh? (note to lady friend, please don't try and PM me by click ing the " IGNORE Machka " link at the bottom of this thread and ask ing me for a link to the thread I mentioned below.)
    Posted by Machka
    fyp :-)
  • edited October 2010
    Ok scotish people what does this mean?????????? A wife is wyce eneuch that kens her guid man's breeks frae her ain kirtle.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    A wife is sensible enough that knows the difference between her husband's trousers and her skirt.

But if we* speak like that then youse lot speak like something out of Chaucer.

* Maybe Aberdonian's tbf.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Text from a lady friend today.... : A wife is sensible enough that knows the difference between her husband's trousers and her skirt. But if we* speak like that then youse lot speak like something out of Chaucer. * Maybe Aberdonian's tbf.
    Posted by bandini

And Fifers ;o)

• edited October 2010
    Ok scotish people what does this mean?????????? A wife is wyce eneuch that kens her guid man's breeks frae her ain kirtle.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I thought this was an extract from The Broons.
  • edited October 2010
    Takes me back to days reading  OOR WULLIE & THE BROONS .well in maxally and yes that slever or whatever 1 lost meI.n Response to Re: Text from a lady friend today....:
    "A wife is wyce eneuch that kens her guid man's breeks frae her ain kirtle" = A wife is wise enough to know then when cooking her husband's breakfast, she also has to put the kettle on! (or something like that!, lol........I am sure Bandini will correct me if I am wrong though)
    Posted by MAXALLY
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Text from a lady friend today.... : I thought this was an extract from The Broons.
    Posted by Bawhumm
    dunno it just sounds like gibberish to me ;)