You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

15/30- wwyd?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Must admit, I probably shouldn't have called preflop- that was my major mistake here. But the question is, on this board- what do you do on the turn?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
scottyjohn Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £35.05
yellaa Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £19.30
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

MOREBOY Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £29.88
zandan25 Fold        
DeucesLive Call   £0.90 £2.25 £32.37
percival09 Fold        
scottyjohn Fold        
yellaa Fold        
Flop

MOREBOY Bet   £1.20 £3.45 £28.68
DeucesLive Raise   £3.00 £6.45 £29.37
MOREBOY Call   £1.80 £8.25 £26.88
Turn

MOREBOY Check        
DeucesLive Bet   £2.40 £10.65 £26.97
MOREBOY Raise   £6.30 £16.95 £20.58
DeucesLive ????

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Ahhh this was the hand yesterday wasn't it ha! I think you played it fine (maybe apart from the flat call pre flop but you've realised that). If i was in that situation, I would probably flat call the raise. See what the river brings and re-evaluate!! 
  • edited October 2010
    looks super strong, any reads on villain?
  • edited October 2010
    raise at least £3.60 on flop then bet 6 quid on turn. It looks like youre behind but im not folding against a random at 30nl.
  • edited October 2010
    Why such a small bet on the turn?

Villain has a wide opening range and calls 3 bets wide, probably the perfect villain to be 3 betting pre with a strong hand, I agree, this was a huge mistake....

But this sort of board hit's him in the nose.

Im confused, is he trying to read your hand? or exploiting your weak bet? - Your hand is massively disguised.

Did you bet small for a reason?

I would call the turn as you're in position, but alot of what you did in this hand is confusing, you must have had some reads?
  • ybyb
    edited October 2010
    Once you've played the hand this weakly you can't fold. I'd call and let him bluff the river.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 15/30- wwyd?:
    Once you've played the hand this weakly you can't fold. I'd call and let him bluff the river.
    Posted by yb
    esp vs this villain
  • edited October 2010
    Call turn then bet 30p on river to totally confuse him and get a cheap showdown
  • edited October 2010
    Hadn't been at table long, so not many reads- he had been betting reasonably aggressively though, so my inclination was that he's equally capable of betting with and without a hand, so I was trying to appear weak to induce action, if anything (I remember what caused the preflop call now- was multitabling, and in a rush to find a decent raise size nearly timed out and hit call before I autofolded).

I thought he was bluffing with overs on the flop, so was betting small to try and keep him interested- when he made the sizeable reraise, I started to go back over everything again and wasn't 100% sure where I was.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    scottyjohn Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £35.05
    yellaa Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £19.30
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

MOREBOY Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £29.88
    zandan25 Fold        
    DeucesLive Call   £0.90 £2.25 £32.37
    percival09 Fold        
    scottyjohn Fold        
    yellaa Fold        
    Flop

MOREBOY Bet   £1.20 £3.45 £28.68
    DeucesLive Raise   £3.00 £6.45 £29.37
    MOREBOY Call   £1.80 £8.25 £26.88
    Turn

MOREBOY Check        
    DeucesLive Bet   £2.40 £10.65 £26.97
    MOREBOY Raise   £6.30 £16.95 £20.58
    DeucesLive Call   £3.90 £20.85 £23.07
    River

MOREBOY Bet   £14.10 £34.95 £6.48
    DeucesLive ????  
    Now what? :/ couldn't see many possible draws he's representing here...
  • edited October 2010

loadssssssssssssss of 2 pair hands he could have, as well as missed draws ofc

If you'd played with this guy for abit, you would probably have to fold, but putting myself in your shoes, having played it this way,  I call.

8-9 of diamonds ;)
  • edited October 2010
    He always has it here. Also he binks SO much against me. As played I just fold turn.
  • edited October 2010
    raise more pre raise alot more flop and jam turn.

He has played like he has a set until the last bet which looks weak to me he knows u have something so he could just shove and if he is value betting he will prob bet less. If i get to the river and that bet comes i would call but if raised pre and then hit hard on the flop one of u will be out by the turn.
    Im guessing u called what did he have?
  • edited October 2010
     unless you know this player is capleabile of making bluffs or is total fish, i fold. your line screams overpairs+sets, and hes still happy to get the money in.

villian line is bad.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh yea, well the hand is ages ago now, but he showed a set of 10's. I did indeed call :)