You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Need a better paid job....

edited October 2010 in Area 51
So I can get off the 2p/4p bingo fest. Even after taking the advice from here of bet sizing I am still being called by those hoping to hit, and at the moment they are! I wish this downturn would end soon. Been a couple of months now. Even getting called by a new guy with 2 3 suited who hit their flush on the river to win (in that instance I had 2 pair).
Trying to stay calm but.............

Comments

• edited October 2010
    thats what you want, stick to ABC poker, master those tables, you wont beat the higher levels if you cant beat no limit 4.
  • edited October 2010
    as you say Walesboy, the 2p/4p is a bingo fest--- this fact means that you have to grind at it, so imo, the only way to get a good consistent return is to play 4 or 5 tables at a time--premium hands only--solid rock like--very boring it may be, but I fail to see any other way at this level---- Personally I would prefer to build a bankroll on the tournaments untill I can afford to play cash at a higher level--- The 2 quid and 5 quid deep stacks a good way to build a bankroll, it may take a while, but a good player will win at these, and for 2 quid, they are great value!-- Try the 7.15 and 9.15 deep stacks for a few weeks and see how you get on--- Much more fun than sitting there getting totally frustrated trying to play poker versus bingo mate!--good luck--floppa whoppa!!

ps, I have a 36% consistent roi on these tournies and would be glad to help with strategy tips if you have any trouble with them, seems to me that they are definately the best value poker on the site for small stakes players
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Need a better paid job....:
    as you say Walesboy, the 2p/4p is a bingo fest--- this fact means that you have to grind at it, so imo, the only way to get a good consistent return is to play 4 or 5 tables at a time--premium hands only--solid rock like--very boring it may be, but I fail to see any other way at this level---- Personally I would prefer to build a bankroll on the tournaments untill I can afford to play cash at a higher level--- The 2 quid and 5 quid deep stacks a good way to build a bankroll, it may take a while, but a good player will win at these, and for 2 quid, they are great value!-- Try the 7.15 and 9.15 deep stacks for a few weeks and see how you get on--- Much more fun than sitting there getting totally frustrated trying to play poker versus bingo mate!--good luck--floppa whoppa!! ps, I have a 99.9% consistent roi on these tournies and would be glad to help with strategy tips if you have any trouble with them, seems to me that they are definately the best value poker on the site for small stakes players
    Posted by oynutter
    FYP ;O)
  • edited October 2010
    LOL--thanks debs--- I do actually have a 125% roi on the 5.50 deepies
  • edited October 2010
    thats what you want, stick to ABC poker, master those tables, you wont beat the higher levels if you cant beat no limit 4.
    Posted by The_Don90
    that's what I am trying to do! lol! just on a bit of a down swing at present. was on a decent up swing before this and trying to limit losses! easier said than done if getting called by the hands like the one I mentioned though!!
    It comes in waves at this level I've found. Don't know if this is true of the higher levels.
    thanks though.
    will have to post hands if this carries on to see if I am doing something wrong, but at teh moment I am getting my money in good and just being beat. Maybe I shove more?
  • edited October 2010
    as you say Walesboy, the 2p/4p is a bingo fest--- this fact means that you have to grind at it, so imo, the only way to get a good consistent return is to play 4 or 5 tables at a time--premium hands only--solid rock like--very boring it may be, but I fail to see any other way at this level---- Personally I would prefer to build a bankroll on the tournaments untill I can afford to play cash at a higher level--- The 2 quid and 5 quid deep stacks a good way to build a bankroll, it may take a while, but a good player will win at these, and for 2 quid, they are great value!-- Try the 7.15 and 9.15 deep stacks for a few weeks and see how you get on--- Much more fun than sitting there getting totally frustrated trying to play poker versus bingo mate!--good luck--floppa whoppa!! ps, I have a 36% consistent roi on these tournies and would be glad to help with strategy tips if you have any trouble with them, seems to me that they are definately the best value poker on the site for small stakes players
    Posted by oynutter
    Thanks M8
    might take you up on the offer. I'll try and have a go at a couple first (and boost the prizes for the rest!!).
    I only play one table at present, which I know can give you huge variance. Can't see that playing more than one table can be any more boring than playing one!!
    I must admit, it is finding the time to grind that is also an issue. A young family doesn't help in this, but does so big time when I've had a "bad beat", etc..
  • edited October 2010
    You can't just put a normal 3 times or 4 times the BB raise when playing 2p-4p. You need to adopt a tight agg with steroids game, and by that i mean you play like a rock and when you have a hand you pump it up 8BB's, you have to make these donkeys pay to see a flop and try to suck out on you, which is basically what they are trying to do.
    Don't change the raise amount whether you're playing 77 or kk, keep it 8BB raise.
    Also add a BB for every person who has limped already. i.e if you are on the button and 3 people have limped, you have a good hand, it needs to be the standard 8bb's plus the 3 bb's for the limpers.
    Give that a try and see how it works for you.
  • edited October 2010
    You can't just put a normal 3 times or 4 times the BB raise when playing 2p-4p. You need to adopt a tight agg with steroids game, and by that i mean you play like a rock and when you have a hand you pump it up 8BB's, you have to make these donkeys pay to see a flop and try to suck out on you, which is basically what they are trying to do. Don't change the raise amount whether you're playing 77 or kk, keep it 8BB raise. Also add a BB for every person who has limped already. i.e if you are on the button and 3 people have limped, you have a good hand, it needs to be the standard 8bb's plus the 3 bb's for the limpers. Give that a try and see how it works for you.
    Posted by salazar
    thanks for the advice m8
    I'll try it.
    Are you are reg at this level? Has it worked for you?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Need a better paid job.... : thanks for the advice m8 I'll try it. Are you are reg at this level? Has it worked for you?
    Posted by walesboy[/QUOTEI did play that level

I don't play those levels but have in the past, I tried to do one of those challenges to grind £10 into £1000. Found it very hard at first, it's very strange to go from playing 15-30 or 25-50 to playing 2p-4p. They just call everything and usually some donkey hits 2 pair on you with junk like k4.
    So i had to adapt, I had to start making these guys pay to see, i changed my nomal 3 times the BB into 6, still didn't work, call, call call, so sent it up to 8BB's. found that a nice amount to get 1 or 2 to the flop.