You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GTD Tournaments

edited October 2010 in Community Suggestions
I think your GTD tourneys need to have more money in them, at the moment they seem to offer little value and are not really worth playing. I see £200 GTD tourneys with an entry fee of £11 or even £20.
I wont mention other sites names but if you went to one of these and paid that amount you would be looking at a 5,000, or 10,000 GTD tourney
I understand that you don't wont to have a GTD tourney offering a lot of money and only a few people play in it but i don't think that would happen. Plus you could always do it with re-buy tourneys.
All i know is that these kind of GTD tourneys don't make me want to play and I'm sure i'm not the only one.

The idea should be that you offer a tourney with big money, a shot at getting a big pay day. That's what poker players want.

I bet if you did a £5000 GTD for £5 you would not lose money, you would just get a serious field playing which would then create more rake for you.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    £200 GTD for £20? are you sure?  Haven't noticed any with that bad a return
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: GTD Tournaments:
    £200 GTD for £20? are you sure?  Haven't noticed any with that bad a return
    Posted by MeloPete

Yes I'm afraid so, I noticed a few bounty hunter tournies that charge £20 and have a GTD £200 in the pot. I know the prize depends on how many are in it but there seems little point in advertising a token gesture of £200 GTD.
    As I looked down the list there are a lot of these types of tournies.

They just seem a waste of time to me, better to have a £1.50 tourney and have a GTD of 500 and get people playing on the site and paying rake.

Check out tournament on the 6th OCT at 22.45 - £22 entry, for 200 GTD
  • edited October 2010
    yeah i agree very low GTD's but compared to other sites we aint going to get over 500 runners in any tournament apart from freerolls so its never going to happen.
    It took weeks to get the 3 o'clock torny GTD put up from 100 to 200 lol