You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

?? fold or call

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
TRIP5 Small blind  20.00 20.00 1850.00
mum26 Big blind  40.00 60.00 5852.50
  Your hole cards

ipoker47 Fold     
howdydoo8 Call  40.00 100.00 1770.00
iBLUFF Raise  200.00 300.00 5342.50
truman18 Fold     
TRIP5 Fold     
mum26 Call  160.00 460.00 5692.50
howdydoo8 All-in  1770.00 2230.00 0.00
iBLUFF??    

he limped shoved do u think my 10 10 is behind here or do u think its a call advice please!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to ?? fold or call:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance TRIP5 Small blind   20.00 20.00 1850.00 mum26 Big blind   40.00 60.00 5852.50   Your hole cards 10 10       ipoker47 Fold         howdydoo8 Call   40.00 100.00 1770.00 iBLUFF Raise   200.00 300.00 5342.50 truman18 Fold         TRIP5 Fold         mum26 Call   160.00 460.00 5692.50 howdydoo8 All-in   1770.00 2230.00 0.00 iBLUFF ??                                                         he limped shoved do u think my 10 10 is behind here or do u think its a call advice please!
    Posted by iBLUFF

Normally when people do this, they are massive AA, or they have some kind of small pp and originally planned to try and hit a set cheap but when it got raised they thought i'll just push and hope i'm racing ak or that everyone will fold thinking i have AA.
    So it's going to be one of those way ahead or way behind situations, it's down to you and what type of tourney it is, are you trying to get a big stack early and willing to take a chance? Have you paid a bit to enter and want to give it a real go, is it a rebuy or a freezeout?
    answer these questions and your choice should become clear.
  • edited October 2010
    lay it down dont risk it, he is happy to shove two opponents here and if you call there is no guarantee that the player behind isnt calling. You have to put him on high pocket pair the way he limped then shoved screams aces so just lay it down.
  • edited October 2010
    I dont call I either fold or jam I dont want mum coming along with a middling hand or even worse coming over top of me. Im quite happy to put howdy on any pocket pair and was originally looking for a cheap flop.
  • edited October 2010
    I think he stealing tbh who in there right mind would limp in with aces i think you have him dominated and as for the shove he is trying to steal the chips imo...
  • edited October 2010
    its a pretty standard play to limp and shove the first raise with aces in a DYM.
    You call that you lose 90% of the time! You want to go three way with pocket tens when your more than likely up against 4 over cards!!! INSANE
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re:?? fold or call:
    its a pretty standard play to limp and shove the first raise with aces in a DYM. You call that you lose 90% of the time! You want to go three way with pocket tens when your more than likely up against 4 over cards!!! INSANE
    Posted by Batkin88
    tbh i would be hoping the limp shove would be from 66,77,88 somethink like that, but i would be more woried about the caller behind..
  • edited October 2010
    why would he limp shove with 66 77 88 or anything lower than AK AA KK QQ or maybe JJ? Into two callers he has to have a very good hand he knows he is taking atleats one along with him.
    And yes the caller behind is exactly why u should fold beacause TT 3 way is not good lol
    What actually happened??

(Its not a good idea to call here either its shove or fold, you call and player behind shoves your under pressure again)
  • edited October 2010
    why would he limp shove with 66 77 88 or anything lower than AK AA KK QQ or maybe JJ? Into two callers he has to have a very good hand he knows he is taking atleats one along with him. And yes the caller behind is exactly why u should fold beacause TT 3 way is not good lol What actually happened?? (Its not a good idea to call here either its shove or fold, you call and player behind shoves your under pressure again)
    Posted by Batkin88
    i folded and the player behind folded aswell
  • edited October 2010
    If this was a £5 DYM, with your chip stack in this position I fold even though if I call and lose I still have close to 4k in chips.  With the blinds being so small, he has no reason to bluff  with e.g. AK or smaller pocket pair against you (the chip leader) unless he has AA, KK, QQ, JJ or maybe AK/AQ at worst.  He's only likely to shove with an inferior hand to a player with a similar size or lower chip stack or if the blinds are a lot higher.  Remember, you are not playing to win, you are playing to finish in the top 3 so in summary, pick a better spot to get the chips in or let the small stacks fight it out with each other.  I think you made the correct play.
  • edited October 2010
    If this was a £5 DYM, with your chip stack in this position I fold even though if I call and lose I still have close to 4k in chips.  With the blinds being so small, he has no reason to bluff  with e.g. AK or smaller pocket pair against you (the chip leader) unless he has AA, KK, QQ, JJ or maybe AK/AQ at worst.  He's only likely to shove with an inferior hand to a player with a similar size or lower chip stack or if the blinds are a lot higher.  Remember, you are not playing to win, you are playing to finish in the top 3 so in summary, pick a better spot to get the chips in or let the small stacks fight it out with each other.  I think you made the correct play.
    Posted by blwcdenn
    it was not a dym it was a torney, so thinking that should i of called?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re:?? fold or call : it was not a dym it was a torney, so thinking that should i of called?
    Posted by iBLUFF
    In my opinion, yes.