You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

On the waiting list for the cash 300 tables.

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Worked my br up to £150. Deposited my limit (£100).

It will hurt to lose all £250 but fortune favours the brave.

I'm in there if a few drop out.

I'm ready.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    MINIMUM buy in £300?!

Minimum buy-in?!

Pffft.

I knew they'd be scared off me.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to On the waiting list for the cash 300 tables.:
    Worked my br up to £150. Deposited my limit (£100). It will hurt to lose all £250 but fortune favours the brave. I'm in there if a few drop out. I'm ready.
    Posted by bandini
    Hi Bandini,

Really sorry to disappoint you here but the minimum (and maximum) buy in for the cash 300 tables is exactly £300

I hope you see this before it's your turn on the waiting list as you'll be disappointed....

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited October 2010
    Just have to win another £50 won't I?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: On the waiting list for the cash 300 tables.:
    In Response to On the waiting list for the cash 300 tables. : Hi Bandini, Really sorry to disappoint you here but the minimum (and maximum) buy in for the cash 300 tables is exactly £300 I hope you see this before it's your turn on the waiting list as you'll be disappointed.... Best Wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Fair enough. I was hyped. I'll win my buy-in yet Adam. See ya shortly.
  • edited October 2010
    Come on someone give him £50!

i wanna see him spank them high rollers!
  • edited October 2010
    Come on someone give him £50! i wanna see him spank them high rollers!
    Posted by Neildown[/

Went to the big tables to try and win it.

Was £10 off being able to. But then got an unlucky one. Followed by another. Followed by another. Lost my entire £250 br. I don't think I even made any terrible moves. Shoving against a set. Bluffing against an obvious steal attempt that had rivered a house. Had a brilliant week but luck ran out when I went big stakes. Typical.
    Can't even afford to try and super-sattelite into Primo tomorrow night.

Pffft.

I need to concentrate on my OU stuff this week anyway. I'll be back next month.

See when I hit? I'll hit with style.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: I need to concentrate on my OU stuff this week anyway. I'll be back next month. See when I hit? I'll hit with style.
    Posted by bandini
    What are you studying mate? 

I did my BSc with the OU.  BSc in Mathematical and Computing Sciences - first class honours with distinction since you're asking. lol
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: On the waiting list for the cash 300 tables. : What are you studying mate?  I did my BSc with the OU.  BSc in Mathematical and Computing Sciences - first class honours with distinction since you're asking. lol
    Posted by Machka
    Crikey. A non-abusive post from Machka! :-)

Did this last year;

http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/t175.htm

Complimenting that with this, this year;

http://www.open.ac.uk/computing/m150/

To get the certificate. It's fairly easy.

And this at the same time;

http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/tm128.htm

Which looks harder. But far more worth doing.

I'll be honest, it bores me, but I work with a lot of InTouch SCADA stuff at work and I've got to do something to make money. I'm an instrument tech by trade and adding all this to my portfolio should serve me well.  The place I work in is de-commissioning so I need to think about the future. Tonight tells me it's not professional poker :-)
  • edited October 2010
    Sadly they do look interesting to me.

I started out with M101, progressed through some pure and applied maths courses, a bit of physics and quantum mechanics (I kid you not) and finished with the new course M206 and M301 which were shockingly put together in a hurry.

Hope you're doing some courses with Summer Schools, they were the high light of the 6 years I was doing my degree?

Minor abuse follows:

Try taking a course from THIS section.  Will help international relations greatly. ;-)
  • edited October 2010
    Sadly they do look interesting to me. I started out with M101, progressed through some pure and applied maths courses, a bit of physics and quantum mechanics (I kid you not) and finished with the new course M206 and M301 which were shockingly put together in a hurry. Hope you're doing some courses with Summer Schools, they were the high light of the 6 years I was doing my degree? Minor abuse follows: Try taking a course from THIS section.  Will help international relations greatly. ;-)
    Posted by Machka
    lol, at the underlined link. Believe it or not I got my higher in English and nearly got kicked out of school before I even started it. I used to read a lot.

Quantum mechanics?! Did Schrodinger (sp?) have you or MaxAlly in that box? :-)

Summer schools are beyond my remit. I already fluked 10 expense paid trips to London to complete a nonsensicall course. No way will anything that good happen to me again. It's impossible.

Talk when sober though Machka. Appreciated mate.