You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash & Punishment! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat

Hello, you :-)

Trevor and I will be on your television screens at 8pm for tonight's 'Cash 300' edition of 'Master Cash'.  As usual, we'll start the show with some low limit action before focussing on the £1.50/£3.00 tables.

From 11pm, you'll get some 'Top of the Pots' goodness alongside the 'Cash 300' shenanigans.

We look forward to receiving your questions and comments.  You can e-mail
skyopen@bskyb.com or post stuff in this forum thread.

This evening, I'd like as many suggestions as possible for a suitably harsh, but legal punishment for slow-rollers!  As the victim of one last night (anecdote to follow on tonight's show), I've concluded it's the most extreme example of poor poker etiquette.  Unless, you can think of anything worse...?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Cant think of a worse Punishment than watching full replays of the 49ers opening games ;)

Good luck with the show.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash & Punishment! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Cant think of a worse Punishment than watching reruns of the 49ers opening games ;) Good luck with the show.
    Posted by hawk7112
    lol!

What if you're a slow-rolling Rams fan...?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash & Punishment! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : lol! What if you're a slow-rolling Rams fan...?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    They should be made to move back to LA ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Hi James,
    I think they should be made to go on the Japanese game show, from the show Chris Tarrant was host(cant remember the name of it).

I also have a question. I was watching a re-run of one of your master cash programmes and you and Trevor were discussing the amount of bluffing and aggresion. I was wondering as a tightish player, who only plays 5/10 or 10/20, how can i loosen up? I seem to play the flops i hit strongly but then tend to go back into my shell. Do you think it would be worth taking £20 and playing very loose or is there something else i could try.

Thanks
    Col

• edited October 2010
    Hey James,

Please could u tell us which tables are going to be shown first on the low limit?

I would like to get ready for the game as I have not got the bankroll for £1.50-£3.00 yet, I am looking forward to the show.

Cheers Jacko.
  • edited October 2010
    Looking forward to the show James you never fail to make me laugh with some of your comments gl on the show

Danny :)
  • edited October 2010
    Far worse than being slow rolled is having someone laugh at you in the chat box after sucking out on you. Bad form and makes my blood boil.

Punishment : Solitary confiement, sleep deprivation and bombarded by full-volume Tikay anecdotes.

Or, preferably, a flying head-butt from bandini.
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    Hey James,   Please could u tell us which tables are going to be shown first on the low limit? I would like to get ready for the game as I have not got the bankroll for £1.50-£3.00 yet, I am looking forward to the show. Cheers Jacko.
    Posted by jacko999
    I've been advised we'll be showing hands from MC 5 & 6 - both 15p/30p tables.
  • edited October 2010
    Does anyone know what low limits are getting shown first ?
  • edited October 2010
    15 30p cool i be there cheers
  • edited October 2010
    Hi James and Trevor
    Have a great show

James

I have thought of a punishment but afraid it may be too cruel even for a heinous crime of a slow roll

a 3 hour car journey with Tikay with the radio disabled, passing all railway stations and bridges

Urgh Goosebumps

LOL

Gary

• edited October 2010
    SLO ROLLERS - I would like to think there aint such a thing here , And put it down to multi tabling or connection problems .
    Or if you know he/she is at it 
    1st . Say what doesnt  kill me makes me stronger & and 2nd make it your lifes work to track them down and get even. "Eye for An eye and all that"

AS for punishment Stick them in front of a tv with nothing but cricket on . fate worse than death.
  • edited October 2010
    Hi James

On the waiting list for the 30p 15p atm

I think slow rolling is just part of the game, if a player gets an edge in future hands, by making a player tilt by slow rolling him, wheres the problem?

However i dont slow roll people but i am also not botherd if it gets done to me
  • edited October 2010
    A slow roller's seat should immediately be trap-doored Doctor Evil style into a pool of ill tempered Sea Bass.
  • edited October 2010
    Anyone caught slow rolling should have to listen to a loop recording of Tikay talking about bridges for 24hrs in an a small room papered with naked posters of Tikay. Or is that to extreme.
  • edited October 2010
    Hi James On the waiting list for the 30p 15p atm I think slow rolling is just part of the game, if a player gets an edge in future hands, by making a player tilt by slow rolling him, wheres the problem?However i dont slow roll people but i am also not botherd if it gets done to me
    Posted by KKarlos93
    Because it shows a complete lack of class, manners, respect and good sportsmanship?
  • edited October 2010

And another theme for tonight's show.....poker rhyming slang...

In my home games 5s are Burls (Burl Ives)....8s are pearlies (pearly gates)...

Any more welcome...feel free to make em up. And e-mail and text em in...

Trev 
  • edited October 2010
    Anyone caught slow rolling should be sent a season ticket for Spurs ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Greetings to Mr 49ers (ha ha ha) and Trev. My idea for a gr8 punishment would be to put them in a room with Tikay, Davina Mcall and Richard Orford!!! Have a good evening. Lozgo
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash & Punishment! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Because it shows a complete lack of class, manners, respect and good sportsmanship?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Hey James my punishment for this oppinion AA v my KK lol
  • edited October 2010

Sometimes it's not slow-rolling sometimes the player is too busy dancing around the room. Doesn't make acceptable though........
  • edited October 2010
    Hi James and Trev

Great show, looking forward to the 300 tables

James - watched Hot tub time machine last night, please tell me what the point of the man in the bear suit is? He jumps in the jacuzzi and is seen several other times in the movie, he doesn't go back? What is he there for?

Cheers
    Dave
  • edited October 2010
    Look at the state of this below, looks like i have been done over!  Maybe this is what the punishment for slow rolling should be???  Can you fold KK pre flop?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £34.84
    Loosifer Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £29.40
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

SoLack Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £76.03
    TommyD Fold     
    KKarlos93 Raise  £2.70 £4.05 £29.54
    jacko999 Raise  £6.30 £10.35 £38.28
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    Loosifer Fold     
    SoLack Fold     
    KKarlos93 All-in  £29.54 £39.89 £0.00
    jacko999 All-in  £38.28 £78.17 £0.00
    jacko999 Unmatched bet  £12.34 £65.83 £12.34
    KKarlos93 Show
    • K
    • K

jacko999 Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

jacko999 Win Pair of Aces £64.03  £76.37
    jacko999 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £28.67
    KKarlos93 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £44.69
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

SoLack Raise  £0.60 £1.05 £54.29
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    Loosifer Fold     
    TommyD Fold     
    jacko999 Fold     
    KKarlos93 Raise  £1.50 £2.55 £43.19
    SoLack Raise  £3.60 £6.15 £50.69
    KKarlos93 All-in  £43.19 £49.34 £0.00
    SoLack Call  £40.79 £90.13 £9.90
    KKarlos93 Show
    • K
    • K

SoLack Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• J

Turn

River

SoLack Win Pair of Aces £88.33  £98.23
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £73.64
    Loosifer Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £29.40
      Your hole cards

KKarlos93 Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £26.97
    SoLack Raise  £2.70 £4.05 £94.78
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    Loosifer Fold     
    KKarlos93 Call  £1.80 £5.85 £25.17
    Flop

KKarlos93 Check     
    SoLack Bet  £4.39 £10.24 £90.39
    KKarlos93 Call  £4.39 £14.63 £20.78
    Turn

KKarlos93 Bet  £14.63 £29.26 £6.15
    SoLack All-in  £90.39 £119.65 £0.00
    KKarlos93 All-in  £6.15 £125.80 £0.00
    SoLack Unmatched bet  £69.61 £56.19 £69.61
    KKarlos93 Show

SoLack Show

River

SoLack Win Two Pairs, 10s and 4s £54.39  £124.00
  • edited October 2010
    I DISAGREE...SLOW ROLLING CAN BE USED AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL AS IT PUTS PEOPLE ON TILT AND YOU'LL PROBABLY GET LOADS OF ACTION AS EVERYONE WILL BE GUNNING FOR YOU...

SAYING THAT IF I SLOW-ROLL ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE I'M TREBLE CHECKING I'VE ACTUALLY GOT THE GOODS AND HAVEN'T GOT AN ORFORD STRAIGHT OR A TIKAY FLUSH...

• edited October 2010

Hey lads, gud show....

The hand on cash300, with 2 straights** v sim's 2 pair.....is similar to a question I asked in the clinic this morning...

In what situation, would you fold the nuts in a 3 handed** pot?

It isn't as krazy as it sounds, let me give an example.......

The board is T J Q K, with 2 hearts, and 2 clubs......

Say for example it has been raised pre, with 2 callers, and the flop has been c bet by the guy who opened pre flop, and you both call (hypothetical).

So there are 16 big blinds in pre flop, and a c bet x 2 callers means the pot is 50 big blinds. Each player has 150 big blinds behind.

You have position in the hand, and on the turn there is a bet from the first to act, the player 2nd to act instantly shoves all in......

You are last to act with the temporary nuts. However, there are 2 flush draws out there.

The odds are, that both the other players hold an ace, giving them the nuts, but also, may hold a flush draw, of which there are 2 on the board.

Would you consider folding? - How deep would you need to be to consider folding?

Can you both answer in both a cash game, and a MTT  scenario....

Thanx.

(PS - I didnt realise it went on that long, James, Im sure you know what I mean, so if you could re-word it and put it to Trev? cheers)

• edited October 2010
    Have you ever had to sit through A Barney the Diosaur Movie if you have you know what true punishment is! Its been 11 years since I sat through one but the memory still makes me shudder!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash & Punishment! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Hey James my punishment for this oppinion AA v my KK lol
    Posted by KKarlos93
    Don't mess with The Sky Mafia.

Lesson learnt Karlos.
  • edited October 2010
    I miss Mary Whitehouse! If she compained about a show you knew it was well worth watching!
  • edited October 2010
    Totally agree with Jimmy H and Trev.

Speech play during play is ok, acceptable and part of the game. Negreanu's a master. Slow rolling and over-celebrating just demean the perpretator. Very, very few do it live so why act like the keyboard warrior on-line? Insecure idiots IMHO. To be fair, the vast majority I've met on Sky are entirely sporting. Just a few faceless wonders that make my blood boil on (very rare) occasions.

Tony-G? He did to me what he did to that Russian? He'd get a flying head-butt from bandini also. Devilfish would've shot him.