You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Right way to play it?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancehaddock214Small blind £0.10£0.10£3.68flatfeet3Big blind £0.20£0.30£16.58 Your hole cardsJK   gnr1Raise £1.00£1.30£15.48rangersdavFold    lamby4907Fold    percival09Call £1.00£2.30£24.48haddock214Fold    flatfeet3Fold    Flop  10KQ   gnr1Bet £1.20£3.50£14.28percival09Raise £3.20£6.70£21.28gnr1All-in £14.28£20.98£0.00percival09Call £12.28£33.26£9.00gnr1ShowQQ   percival09ShowJK   Turn  Q   River  7   gnr1WinFour Queens£31.60 £31.60

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Obviously depends on how the villain is playing/if you have player notes.  Without history on the opponent, I flat pre and post flop, when the Q hits the turn and he bets out again, I prob flat call as the 10p/20p level he's not putting 25%+ of his stack in on the turn with anything less than AA, KK, QQ, AK or AQ with that board.  With the Q hitting the river he prob shoves and that limits his range further his range is definately one of the afore mentioned hands - the best you're going to do is split the pot so I prob fold the river at this point IF I don't have history on the player.  If there are more players in the pot, I probably shove on the turn.
  • edited October 2010
    i think when u hit the flop that strong u have to go with it u didnt hit but had sooooo many out so i think u played it well
  • edited October 2010
    I'm pretty sure if you have an open ended straight flush draw, especially with one end drawing to the royal, you don't want to be doing anything apart from getting 100% of money in on the flop. When turn comes a blank, you're suddenly not liking your hand anywhere near as much, but on flop a str flush draw plays brilliantly against anything, even a set. There's not many hands that aren't drawing dead when your opponent hits quads on the turn.

Also, flatting the flop is a really, really bad play IMO. You don't have a made hand, therefore slowplaying isn't on the cards.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Right way to play it?:
    I'm pretty sure if you have an open ended straight flush draw, especially with one end drawing to the royal, you don't want to be doing anything apart from getting 100% of money in on the flop. When turn comes a blank, you're suddenly not liking your hand anywhere near as much, but on flop a str flush draw plays brilliantly against anything, even a set. There's not many hands that aren't drawing dead when your opponent hits quads on the turn. Also, flatting the flop is a really, really bad play IMO. You don't have a made hand, therefore slowplaying isn't on the cards.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    +1
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Right way to play it?:
    I'm pretty sure if you have an open ended straight flush draw, especially with one end drawing to the royal, you don't want to be doing anything apart from getting 100% of money in on the flop. When turn comes a blank, you're suddenly not liking your hand anywhere near as much, but on flop a str flush draw plays brilliantly against anything, even a set. There's not many hands that aren't drawing dead when your opponent hits quads on the turn. Also, flatting the flop is a really, really bad play IMO. You don't have a made hand, therefore slowplaying isn't on the cards.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    +2