You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM 7's UTG raised by BB call fold

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic

I have been aggressive in my play so far and three hands ago managed to double up. The BB villain has been passive for  most of the game.

Now this happens.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SBSmall blind 75.00 75.00 1535.00
VILLIAN Big blind 150.00 225.00 1445.00
  Your hole cards ·         7 ·         7      
4suited07 Raise 300.00 525.00 3975.00
1Fold
buttonFold
SBCall 225.00 750.00 1310.00
VILLIANRaise 600.00 1350.00 845.00

Ok DYM 5 handed is this an easy lay down is it worth a back raise or fold?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Easy fold for me.  I don't like the min raise with a middle pair TBH.  I would have either raised 3xBB or open folded here considering the stack sizes.
  • edited October 2010
    Easy fold. I honestly prefer an open fold here, or, if the table is really tight passive, you can make the make the play you have and apply pressure.

JC
  • edited October 2010
    in a dym I would open fold 7's with that stack. You have no need to get involved really with ANYTHING outside your bb unless you pick up a real premium pair- I wouldn't even want to go to war with QQ in honesty.

You can easily fold your way to the money from here.
  • edited October 2010
    4k stack, ur fine no need to play another hand.
  • edited October 2010
    i dont think there is  case for flat calling looking at the other stacks but yes i fold aswell
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks guys,

good to get the feedback. There were two votes for calling at this stage but no  reason would really like to hear the opposite point of view. 

cheers
  • edited October 2010
    there isnt no point in getting involved, i think you can call in any other game quite happily but not in this spot. DYM's are an odd form of poker lol open fold them here to cash, if your stubborn and want to knock him out call and go set mining.
  • ACAACA
    edited October 2010
    to go agnst the grain I wud have called, it was 300 into 1350 (5/1) u have 7's 5 handed, the trouble with lettin it go is ur bumpin up an opponents stack who min raised u, I cant fold 7's on those odds, maybe that's y I'm a donk, u hit a 7 u win, u dont or SB shoves u fold, for 300 with ur stack ????

p.s the only reason I wud call was based on ur pre flop raise, I raise to 600 or fold in that spot, since u made it 300 I call

imo, lol