You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

mickjenn1 banned from forum

2»

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: mickjenn1 banned from forum:
    Yeah you cannot even say d a m n or h e l l in the chatbox. You can take things too far. The last time I checked you have to be OVER 18 to register on this site. We are all adults so why not apply adult rules and regs? Fair enough, threats etc are out of order but the rest???!!! Come on.
    Posted by AT_0504
    Swearing, particularly at other players, is not permitted in well-run Live Tournaments, & should not be permitted in Online Poker, either. If it were, I'd be off like a shot.

Poker is a game, so there's no need to be swearing about it.

Many people - the majority - don't like to see or hear it, & really, it's not THAt difficult to control what you say, is it? You can THINK it, just don't type it. how hard is that?
  • edited August 2009
    good  post  benny  but  i am  sill in  the  dark  as to  what  happend  its  like  the  code of  silance
  • edited August 2009
    good  post  benny  but  i am  sill in  the  dark  as to  what  happend  its  like  the  code of  silance
    Posted by scrumdown
    If you had been on Forum Friday night, you would understand. 100%, you would! 
  • edited August 2009
    TIKAY 110% UNDERSTAND WHAT U R SAYING ABOUT RUDENESS ETC ETC.... AND MICKO SHOULD NO BETTER... BUT TO B HONEST EVERYONE IS HARKING ON ABOUT IT....ETIQUETTE IS THE NAME OF THE GAME... BUT I THINK MICK HAS BOUGHT ALOT TO THE FORUM...AND I HAVE FOUGHT HIS CORNER.... LIKE MOST OF US... BUT WHATS HAPPENED HAS HAPPENED HAS HAPPENED... TIME TO DRAW A LINE............... ;-))))
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: mickjenn1 banned from forum : Swearing, particularly at other players, is not permitted in well-run Live Tournaments, & should not be permitted in Online Poker, either. If it were, I'd be off like a shot. Poker is a game, so there's no need to be swearing about it. Many people - the majority - don't like to see or hear it, & really, it's not THAt difficult to control what you say, is it? You can THINK it, just don't type it. how hard is that?
    Posted by Tikay10
    ive yet to sit at a live table and not hear someone swear in fun / jest or just out aloud...........

but no excuses for mick i never saw the arguement on friday nor am i interested !!!!
    whats done is done .. we all 18 or over move on
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: mickjenn1 banned from forum : If you had been on Forum Friday night, you would understand. 100%, you would! 
    Posted by Tikay10
    if no one likes a perticular persons posts let me add this......

click nignore this person simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2009
    tango  man   hope  to  see u  soon   sky  poker  needs  u  more   then  u  need  sky  poker    good  luck  m8  were ever  your  playing
  • edited August 2009
    tikay   was  not  on the forum   friday  nite  because  i  was  on  holiday  thats   y   iam  asking    if  banned   every  body   thats  swers  on  sky    and  it got  reported    then  i  dont  think  u  would  have  many  players  left     tikay  not  getting  at  sky   or  the  big  wigs    but  think   there  have  gone  ott   on  the  matter 
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: mickjenn1 banned from forum : Swearing, particularly at other players, is not permitted in well-run Live Tournaments, & should not be permitted in Online Poker, either. If it were, I'd be off like a shot. Poker is a game, so there's no need to be swearing about it. Many people - the majority - don't like to see or hear it, & really, it's not THAt difficult to control what you say, is it? You can THINK it, just don't type it. how hard is that?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Agree with tk on this one even though i do it occasionaly. Nothing wrong with swearing as long as the people you know dont mind it. But point is to respect other people and some can be offended by it and should not have to put up with bad language if you do. there are many words in the english dictionary that can be used to express your self other than F and C words. unless you are un educated?
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: mickjenn1 banned from forum : if no one likes a perticular persons posts let me add this...... click nignore this person simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by themackem
    +1  shame you cant mute player on the tables. Maybe sky should introduce this.
  • edited August 2009
    tikay   was  not  on the forum   friday  nite  because  i  was  on  holiday  thats   y   iam  asking    if  banned   every  body   thats  swers  on  sky    and  it got  reported    then  i  dont  think  u  would  have  many  players  left     tikay  not  getting  at  sky   or  the  big  wigs    but  think   there  have  gone  ott   on  the  matter 
    Posted by scrumdown

Scrum,

You are putting me in a spot here, because I'm not at liberty to discuss the details of what happened on Friday night. & Sky do not confide in me in these matters - but I saw it, & hundreds of others saw it.

But I can tell you - because we all saw it - that the issue was NOTHING TO DO WITH SWEARING. It was far far worse than swearing.

Please think it through - Sky Poker have no motive or desire to Chat-Ban regular players - quite the opposite. They need a good reason, & do their best to avoid it.
  • edited August 2009
    scrumdown i was on line friday night and i made a post on here,i suggest u go and look at it ,mick didnt heed my advise, and the inevatable has happened,hope mick is back in 3 months ,and learns 2 use the ignore button,its very quiet on here without him ,cheers 10.
  • edited August 2009
    my apologies scrumdown ,my post was on another thread that has bn removed,i advised mick 2 log off and go have a beer ,which he declined ............................
  • edited August 2009
    Posted by scrumdown
    Hi Scrumdown

I made a thread some time ago regarding chat behaviour, and made some suggetions on clarifying the what you can and cannot do in the chatbox, I was informed that the chat behaviour is under review and due to be updated, so i it will be a case of watch this space.

I wonder if it would be possible for an update on this if any headway has been made please ?

• edited August 2009
     thanks  tikay  and   guys   i  was  just  comment  what  i  herad   think  it  needs  putting  to  bed  and   forget  about  it
  • edited August 2009
     thanks  tikay  and   guys   i  was  just  comment  what  i  herad   think  it  needs  putting  to  bed  and   forget  about  it
    Posted by scrumdown
    Could not agree more.
  • edited August 2009
    I 2nd that fellas,nothing is going to change hope sky close the thread now.