You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

River decision

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Villain is new to the table and I've never played them before.

As played, what would your river play be and why? 
gadgerno1 Small blind   £1.50 £1.50 £642.99
offshoot Big blind   £3.00 £4.50 £466.67
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

phil12uk Raise   £9.00 £13.50 £988.14
simuk Fold        
dddk Call   £9.00 £22.50 £288.23
gadgerno1 Fold        
offshoot Fold        
Flop

phil12uk Bet   £15.00 £37.50 £973.14
dddk Call   £15.00 £52.50 £273.23
Turn

phil12uk Bet   £39.00 £91.50 £934.14
dddk Call   £39.00 £130.50 £234.23
River

Comments

• edited October 2010
    hes called the flop called the turn got to give some respect that his hit the flop or chasing a flush draw your beting with air me check the river if he bets let it go
  • edited October 2010
    i would have to put him on AK maybe AQ of dimands beacuase of the pre flop call if he had AA KK QQ ect surely he would re raise pre so i think a river bet of 75ish would get it donw (knowing me im prob wrong)
  • edited October 2010
    c/f flop c/c river
  • edited October 2010

he cannot of hit unless he has a set! (The call pre would be pocket pair or two high cards IMO)
    So i would say he has a busted flush draw or a set so 50 50 shove or fold!!! Are you dwan or fieldman???
    I think u can exclude a overpair because a raise would of come in on the flop to your bet as its a very dangerous flop for an overpair.

• edited October 2010

By the way i would shove the river 100% with them calls coming in!!
    Although i dont play for that level of money but i know that wouldnt influence your decision.
    Thats my opinion anyway thousands would disagree but its nice to be different.

• edited October 2010
    FH 5's and 3's looks good to me ....... eject!
  • edited October 2010
    I dont think you can have a set formula of what to do in each spot at mid stakes. A situation like this is massively affected by the opponent, and more important what the opponent thinks ur tendencies are (obv here u r vs a random so its tough). I get the impression you just barrelled the flop and turn without much thought, '3/4 pot- 3/4 pot' which is going to be exploited by a mid stakes reg.

I think the c bet is fine, but not compulsory here.

but this isnt the nicest turn to barrell, as u become more polarised to overpairs and the river is going to be so hard to play oop.

imo id give up on this turn, and ppl may think this '1 and done' approach is exploitable (which it is), but in this particular hand with that turn card i think u are spewing with a 2nd barrell against an unknown.

its like uve got urself in a rancid spot just cos u wer pfr.

i guess u cud fire smallish on the riv like a 1/3 pot and hope to fold out busted fd's, but expect to be looked up alot. The mistake is made on turn imo
  • edited October 2010
    bump i would get rid on the turn, defo check-fold river im guessing you checked and he checkd behind with kj or k 10 suited. although i dont think he has much dont think worth shoving, i think shove would get called even by overpair in this spot although a few others out. Cant see what your repping on that board other then overpair just give up imo, basically only way they are folding is total bluff or flush draw that has missed which is possible but just dont like the line cos even a diamonds is ahead here and still in the hand