You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bubble play

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Entered a turny tonight over 700 runners (not sky) got down to the last 102. table of 10 bubble was 100 and picked up JJ I had chip leader 75000 on my table who had been very quiet but opened with £4800, blinds 400 800 folded to me in the BB with 15000 I was 70th position, should also mention the entry was $9 bubble paid  $12  should I push, fold, or call? 

Comments

• edited October 2010
    massive shove, chip leader is trying to push you around the bubble almost always- if you're really unlucky and he has QQ/KK/AA, then so be it- but prime chance to give yourself a stack where you could win the tournament.

Every chance he'll fold, if he's loose he might call with a weak A, 2 paint cards, anything- and more often than not double you up. Good chunk of change still if he folds though.
  • edited October 2010
     Response to bubblr play:
      E ntered a turny tonight over 700 runners (not sky) got down to the last 102. table of 10 bubble was 100 and picked up JJ I had chip leader 75000 on my table who had been very quiet but opened with £4800, blinds 400 800 folded to me in the BB with 15000 I was 70th position, should also mention the entry was $9 bubble paid  $12  should I push, fold, or call?  
    Posted by JONONZIE
    Sorry meant to put this in poker clinic could mods move this
    cheers
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: bubble play:
    massive shove, chip leader is trying to push you around the bubble almost always- if you're really unlucky and he has QQ/KK/AA, then so be it- but prime chance to give yourself a stack where you could win the tournament. Every chance he'll fold, if he's loose he might call with a weak A, 2 paint cards, anything- and more often than not double you up. Good chunk of change still if he folds though.
    Posted by DeucesLive

cheers deuces funny how you always second guess your hands after the event when you lose, I did shove and he had A Q and hit both on the flop, mind you if this was the main event fold fold fold LOL 
  • edited October 2010
    definitely fold but the difference here is, bubble pays 12 and entry is 9... does 12 really matter to you? The only real gain is to finish top, so you gotta take the flip at this stage- taking fold equity and likely holdings into account, shoving is the only option.

I know what you mean about second guessing though, absolutely- whenever I make a shove and end up going out, or fail to make a move when I'd win, it bugs me for a while- best thing to remember is, there's almost never such a thing as a bad shove. If you're shoving, the odds of winning are ALWAYS good, regardless.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: bubble play:
    definitely fold but the difference here is, bubble pays 12 and entry is 9... does 12 really matter to you? The only real gain is to finish top, so you gotta take the flip at this stage- taking fold equity and likely holdings into account, shoving is the only option. I know what you mean about second guessing though, absolutely- whenever I make a shove and end up going out, or fail to make a move when I'd win, it bugs me for a while- best thing to remember is, there's almost never such a thing as a bad shove. If you're shoving, the odds of winning are ALWAYS good, regardless.
    Posted by DeucesLive

+1
  • edited October 2010
    I would have shoved, Can only really call with AA,KK,QQ,1010, AK,AQ. most times would get a fold and you gain valuable chips and also if they call you have a good chance of a double up go ftw i do, do tend to bubble quite a bit but not to fussed as i play to win it frustrates me to min cash etc