You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My post in the poker league

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat

I just want to clear a few things up from my previous post.

As stated I originally posted because other players had contacted me regarding the poker team and had concerns. As I play the biggest (6 max) games on here and play against the players involved in the team, I know a bit about the best players on the site. I aimed to think of a reason why each player was picked, for three of the players I could think of a good reason. However, for lJamesl I could not as he plays mainly on other sites, dan and lol do this but they have been quite high profile recently (TP and 21st in wsop) and I felt there where more deserving players of the place (Browndog, Offshoot).

The conclusion I came to is WRONG. The reason I came to this conclusion is because lJamesl has told me a few times how he is friends with Tikay. However, in reality he has only met him 12 times whilst playing poker. Therefore Tikay is not good friends with James as I was led to believe. I would class their relationship more as a poker acquaintance. Also I was WRONG in my thinking how much involvment Tikay had in the selection of the team. He had NO involvement in the selection process. I want to retract what I posted about Tikay as again I was WRONG. I put 2 and 2 together and got 5. Tikay does mention lJamesl but he also metions other players a lot. The reason he mentions James is he is a great player.

May be it would be benefical for everyone for the decision makers of team sky to say why they picked lJamesl to clarify the situation. They dont have to, they can pick whoever they want, although I do think it would help the situation. I personally believe Offshoot and Browndog deserve a place in this team as they play a lot more poker at the highest stakes on Sky than 3 out of the four players who have been chosen.

Just want to apologise agian to Tikay as I was wrong, I was under the impression that he and lJamesl are good friends but this is not the case. As stated Tikay is a great asset to Sky and I enjoy watching him on the television. He does a lot for poker helping out players, being chairman of APAT, posting in numerous forums. Keep up the good work Tikay.

Comments