You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How often will you hit a "gutshot" draw?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic

If the flop gives me a gutshot straight draw, how often will I hit the straight by the river.

I am not a fan of playing them as when I do I usually miss and when I fold them they usually hit on the turn.

Hope somebody can advise me.

Keith

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to How often will you hit a "gutshot" draw?:
    If the flop gives me a gutshot straight draw, how often will I hit the straight by the river. I am not a fan of playing them as when I do I usually miss and when I fold them they usually hit on the turn. Hope somebody can advise me. Keith
    Posted by k_mac

If you're chasing a gutshot then you're looking for one of four cards. If you need it on the flop it is 4% per out and there would be 4 of that particular card e.g (nine). meaning if you need it to win the hand you would be a 16% shot or 6-1.

It is pretty slim and basically you should not chase gut shot draws unless it is costing you very little compared to what is in the pot.
  • edited October 2010
    Most times as long as you ARE behind you will hit about 99.9% of the time ;o)