You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

wizard winge off tonite

edited October 2010 in Area 51
hi guys iv been on sky for  a mth now and been playing   BH,OPENS,VELOCITY  ,can anyone tell me why the big stack always gets paid off with any nonsense against massive hands and get paid off obviously if i was big stack i would not be wingeing spell check  

Comments

• edited October 2010
     In truth they dont its just you have a selective memory!
  • edited October 2010
    Because they can afford to suck you out , like balls deep

• edited October 2010
    these threads are getting moved quicker than the bad beats occur now ;)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: wizard winge off tonite:
     In truth they dont its just you have a selective memory!
    Posted by Donut64
    i beg to differ i just got humped again by bigger stack he called my all in raise with 4/8 caught a set of 8s lol  quality poker
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: wizard winge off tonite : i beg to differ i just got humped again by bigger stack he called my all in raise with 4/8 caught a set of 8s lol  quality poker
    Posted by wingwizard

Notice you dont put your hand? this to me means you didnt have much either, also you dont put stack size i bet these cases are when its a case of any 2 because of the pot odds and size oftheir & your stack

post some hands in the clinic then people can help you as i have done today. Lucky kept doing similar posts but admitted he has change his game slightly and beein reaping the rewards think you should do the same there is alot out there and its not all due to luck!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: wizard winge off tonite : i beg to differ i just got humped again by bigger stack he called my all in raise with 4/8 caught a set of 8s lol  quality poker
    Posted by wingwizard
    How much was the All in - on what blinds - how much did the big stack have - and how have you played up to this point in the tourney - how far in are you?

answers to the above will dictate if what he did was the correct move or not, complaining about the cards he called with isn't enough, if he called 3/4's of his stack off with 4 8 off then that is a very different situation to if he called equivalent of 3 bigs because you had let your stack get so low.  If i'm the big stack and you have raised a minimal stack into me (low percentage of my overall chips) then i'm happy to take a gamble that you will miss and i will hit, if you have an above average stack and it's going to cost me a significant amount of my stack then i'm not going to call with any 2.

Poker as in life is situational, until you understand this very basic concept you can not hope to move onward and upward with your game. We all get beat, we all call when we shouldn't, we all suck out on others FACT - the difference is understanding why :) GL at the tables