You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's official SP 10k BH show thread..

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat

It's that time again! Gidzo and I will installing ourselves into the Sky Poker News desk for another four hours of sheer Bounty hunting JOY!!

There will be spot prizes, hand analyses and maybe even some banter..

And for a side topic.. what do you think is the most abused/misunderstood Poker term? Or is there something you keep hearing or have heard but still have no idea what it means?

For example: I learned the concept of 'Straddling' last week. EASY, it's not what you think!! It's simply when the player AFTER the big blind also puts in a bet before looking at his card and and then choose to raise it when the action comes round to him.her. Actually to be honest I still have no idea what it's about.. but I'm sure someone can explain it!!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Hi LML

I've never understood the term "Floating" is it something to do with keeping your head above water? cause if it is i'm definately drowning lol.

Do you or Mr. Giddins "Float"

Good luck with the show.

Ps. Can I have a sky poker shirt like yours? It looks Cool!!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Tonight's official SP 10k BH show thread..:
    It's that time again! Gidzo and I will installing ourselves into the Sky Poker News desk for another four hours of sheer Bounty hunting JOY!! There will be spot prizes, hand analyses and maybe even some banter.. And for a side topic.. what do you think is the most abused/misunderstood Poker term? Or is there something you keep hearing or have heard but still have no idea what it means? For example: I learned the concept of 'Straddling' last week. EASY, it's not what you think!! It's simply when the player AFTER the big blind also puts in a bet before looking at his card and and then choose to raise it when the action comes round to him.her. Actually to be honest I still have no idea what it's about.. but I'm sure someone can explain it!!
    Posted by LML
    hi lml tell ed thanks for the returning my p.m and when i find the hand i will p.m it to him and i hope i can improve my game thanks
  • edited October 2010
    Team Sky Poker FTW
  • edited October 2010

I got a couple.

When people label players "bingo players" or "chancers" because they dare to enter/win a pot with anything less than pocket Queens.

The 2nd, is a phrase. When people say "raise it up to scare off ace rag" - when they're holding pocket kings. aghhhh !!!!

Also, one for Ed, I posted a hand in the clinic a while back, where I was in the big blind, and had pocket Aces. There was a raise from under the gun, and 3 callers. I quoted that I "squeezed" from the big blind with my aces.

Can you squeeze with a good hand????

Does the term "squeeze" refer to the move/play, regardless of my hand? or do you NEED to have a bad hand to squeeze?

Thanx, will try again to make the first break tonight, enjoy the show.

JJ 
  • edited October 2010
    I'm hoping to be playing tonight so if you see my then I suppose I must have made it lol
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Tonight's official SP 10k BH show thread..:
    It's that time again! Gidzo and I will installing ourselves into the Sky Poker News desk for another four hours of sheer Bounty hunting JOY!! There will be spot prizes, hand analyses and maybe even some banter.. And for a side topic.. what do you think is the most abused/misunderstood Poker term? Or is there something you keep hearing or have heard but still have no idea what it means? For example: I learned the concept of 'Straddling' last week. EASY, it's not what you think!! It's simply when the player AFTER the big blind also puts in a bet before looking at his card and and then choose to raise it when the action comes round to him.her. Actually to be honest I still have no idea what it's about.. but I'm sure someone can explain it!!
    Posted by LML

I think you,d be quite good at "straddling" lisa.

Only wish I had the chance to find out
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's official SP 10k BH show thread..:
    In Response to Tonight's official SP 10k BH show thread.. :   I think you,d be quite good at "straddling" lisa. Only wish I had the chance to find out
    Posted by MP33
    lol oh my gosh....really?????

ummm the term 'value' at live poker gets on my nerves.  old guy will limp UTG.  ill raise 22xBB and still get 5 callers then UTG guy will chuckle to himself and say i gotta call now im getting value with my K8o

• edited October 2010
    im innit to win it, may watch a bit tonight have a good one!
  • edited October 2010
    greetings to the lovely Lisa Marie and the not so lovely Ed (lol).
    I'm still learning the game and don't yet know what the term 'donk bet' really means. Any chance you could explain please?
    Many thanks
    Laurie (lozgo)
  • edited October 2010

can you explain what on earth that guy talks about at 9:50pm every thursday when he discusses "Bingo Wingo"

regards
    rob
    aussie09

• edited October 2010
    Hi LML, there are two forum terms that keep popping up which are making no sense. Are they competition terms? or new improved names for bad river cards?

"Check Your Inbox" and "I'm Leaving"
  • edited October 2010
    lIn Response to Re: Tonight's official SP 10k BH show thread..:
    Hi LML, there are two forum terms that keep popping up which are making no sense. Are they competition terms? or new improved names for bad river cards? "Check Your Inbox" and "I'm Leaving"
    Posted by emilyegg

lol thats brilliant

LML do you not fancy some more cash later on tonight? go on you know you want too
  • edited October 2010
    Looking very nice tonight lisa :)
  • edited October 2010

I think I'm way too nitty and played too passively- I was going to continue on flop, but thought it'd look too suspicious- so checked, as I would with a set. Then the J came on turn, and I had a suspicion one may have- still think that's where I missed a trick. Very sure I was beat by river so had to give up, where do you think I should have made a stand here?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's official SP 10k BH show thread..:
    Hi LML, there are two forum terms that keep popping up which are making no sense. Are they competition terms? or new improved names for bad river cards? "Check Your Inbox" and "I'm Leaving"
    Posted by emilyegg
    Well, as luck would have it, I know, the In box is the next card after the river which is always checked, and Im leaving is when they have been knocked out of a tourny.
  • edited October 2010

This hurt, as in really really really hurt!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    There's a player who plays DYMs quite a bit who puts in the chat box "Nice call" to mean "nice decision" - whether the decision was a call, a shove or even a fold. That can get quite confusing at times lol
  • edited October 2010
    LML can you please tell me why in a split pot in bounty why do's the bounty go to the guy with the bigest stack
  • edited October 2010

Hey guys please show this hand.

Hand History #298348498 (20:38 14/10/2010)
    Bet folding here is pretty terrible, as is my limp pre, I made the mistake of limping with a speculative hand, and nearly getting carried away with top pair.

When I folded, the guy instantly said GF.

What do u think?

Thanx,
  • edited October 2010
    £12.50 Get Some KFC with that lml pref a family bucket ;)
  • edited October 2010
    hand i.d 298346145 can i get away from this hand?
  • edited October 2010

Evening Ed/LM,

Great show as ever

Could you show hand 298349788 for me...

Just interested on Ed's thoughts on how I played it.

Thanks
  • edited October 2010
    Hand History #298338033 (20:18 14/10/2010)

Im in it to win it!

Well i was in it
  • edited October 2010
    Anything is a bonus for me now...back from 120 chips... 3.8k now...lets go headhunting !

• edited October 2010
    LML can you tell me in a split pot why do's the bounty go to the hand with the bigest stack
  • edited October 2010
    Cheers for that guys, I knew after the hand finished that I totally screwed it up, but it was like after the first mistake I didn't want to compound it ^^ I played it like a complete donk lol
  • edited October 2010
    oh well... mistimed bluff v AA...GL ALL !
  • edited October 2010
    Hi

My 1st bounty hunter & inexperienced player

hand id 298349153

Where did I go wrong or was I just unlucky

Thanks
  • edited October 2010
    how can you view other players hands? or can you not..

got knocked out early..missed a chance, had kings and lost connecton!!! best board ever aswell :(:(