You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£11 sit and go situation.

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
4 players left in.

Player A under the gun 4000 approx chips folds

Me  57 spades  1100 chips folds

Player B small blind 6000  approx folds

Player C  575 chips of which 300 are big blind.

Question.  Why does player B not call?

Is he player C's friend?

I have found this a lot in sit and go . Or is it just poor play?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to £11 sit and go situation.:
    4 players left in. Player A under the gun 4000 approx chips folds Me  57 spades  1100 chips folds Player B small blind 6000  approx folds Player C  575 chips of which 300 are big blind. Question.  Why does player B not call? Is he player C's friend? I have found this a lot in sit and go . Or is it just poor play?
    Posted by redman773
    Double or nothing I forgot to add
  • edited October 2010
    Players A & B are about gauranteed to cash without playing another hand, if thats how they wish to play it. May not even be watching the table at that point.
  • edited October 2010

Player B has no obligation to call, and it does not make sense to call really. He knows that both the short stacks will have to battle and that one is likely to knock out the other. Why risk any of his stack when he is virtually guaranteed to cash without playing another hand?

I take it you bubbled then?

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: £11 sit and go situation.:
    Player B has no obligation to call, and it does not make sense to call really. He knows that both the short stacks will have to battle and that one is likely to knock out the other. Why risk any of his stack when he is virtually guaranteed to cash without playing another hand? I take it you bubbled then?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    of course lol
  • edited October 2010

Player B cannot call in this spot imo.

He has to either put Player C all-in or fold because player C only has 275 chips left behind (if I have read the op correctly).

• edited October 2010
    Dym,no need to even play another hand as greg has stated as they are virtually gtd to cash
  • edited October 2010
    moobs for the win

xx
  • edited October 2010
    Player B might have total junk and doesnt want to double-up the short stack, which of course would be bad news for you.

Also it would be a reasonable tactic for player B to play nothing except AA from any position with half the chips in front, mabye not even AA if two or more short stacks shove before it's player B's turn to act.
  • edited October 2010
    He has 6000 chips in a dym - in other words he shouldn't be playing another hand and certainly shouldn't be doubling up the shortstacks with below average hands - clear fold imo, but then again I am an uber nit 
  • edited October 2010
    I agrre with the fold - No point calling just for him to shove the rest of his stack and then double him up and making life difficult. Eventually they will get chipped out. Fold for The Win. 
  • edited October 2010
    Agree with all that has been said. The difference here would be if player B has a real hand, or if the blinds are the other way around (so as BB you call for an extra 275 chips with just about anything), but why lose 500 chips with 6 2 off?