You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TRACKING SOFTWARE,OTHER PLAYERS STUDYING OUR STATS WHY IS THIS POSSIBLE?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS POSSIBLE WHY SHOULD OTHER PLAYERS GET TO READ MY STATS AND WHAT IS TRACKING SOFTWARE PLZ ? REGARDS THE WIZARD

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to TRACKING SOFTWARE,OTHER PLAYERS STUDYING OUR STATS WHY IS THIS POSSIBLE?:
    I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS POSSIBLE WHY SHOULD OTHER PLAYERS GET TO READ MY STATS AND WHAT IS TRACKING SOFTWARE PLZ ? REGARDS THE WIZARD
    Posted by wingwizard
    Well to begin with it's not that they can read your stats, they can access their own hand history which will include hands played against you when you are on the table with them. The software will take this information and allow them to review their game. They do not get access to all your stats

Read through the poker tracker or holdem manager websites to get a better overview of the software but essentially it is a database of all your hands that can show up massive leaks in your game where you can improve and can show you how you win and lose money against specif players you have encountered
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to TRACKING SOFTWARE,OTHER PLAYERS STUDYING OUR STATS WHY IS THIS POSSIBLE?:
    Posted by wingwizard

Theres a new thread on the main bit about this " TRACKING SOFTWARE"

Generally they don,t apply to Sky Poker, but are mainly for the big sites

Theres also a vote on there as sky is introduicing a  downloadable version. the vote is whetehr to allow these things to work on Sky.

Get over and vote - (looking well in favour of no  at the minute)
  • edited October 2010
    Try writing down every hand you play with a pen and paper, you'll easily get away with that no one will be able to prove it.

Simples