You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHTS BOUNTY HUNTER EXIT HAND

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
A tricky hand, he min raised and i had 20bbs. I pos could have raised to 6bbs but then i am almost pot commited if he shoves ie getting 2 to 1 with a hand that is strong 3 handed. I could have just called but i think i prefer the shove. The only pos error is not taking into account that he is calling shoves with poor hands. But i still think KQ should be ahead of his range. If i had had 25bbs i would have just raised to 6 or 7 bbs. 

Oh well, gutted but makes a change from finishing 25th position.

Cheers

The Swiss

Ed

HESWISSSmall blind5000.005000.00207884.02sweetthingBig blind10000.0015000.00604506.64 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K
   gadgerno1FoldliamkRaise20000.0035000.00310809.34THESWISSAll-in207884.02242884.020.00sweetthingFoldliamkCall192884.02435768.04117925.32THESWISSShow
  • Q
  • K
liamkShow
  • A
Flop  
   Turn  
  • J
   River  
  • J
   liamkWinPair of Jacks435768.04553693.36

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Hi Ed

The hand is unreadable m8, i think you need to repost the history.

Also wouldnt this be better in the clinic?

• edited October 2010
    In Response to TONIGHTS BOUNTY HUNTER EXIT HAND:
    A tricky hand, he min raised and i had 20bbs. I pos could have raised to 6bbs but then i am almost pot commited if he shoves ie getting 2 to 1 with a hand that is strong 3 handed. I could have just called but i think i prefer the shove. The only pos error is not taking into account that he is calling shoves with poor hands. But i still think KQ should be ahead of his range. If i had had 25bbs i would have just raised to 6 or 7 bbs.  Oh well, gutted but makes a change from finishing 25th position. Cheers The Swiss Ed HESWISSSmall blind5000.005000.00207884.02sweetthingBig blind10000.0015000.00604506.64 Your hole cards Q K    gadgerno1Fold liamk Raise20000.0035000.00310809.34THESWISSAll-in207884.02242884.020.00sweetthingFoldliamkCall192884.02435768.04117925.32THESWISSShow Q K liamkShow 10 A Flop   9 3 4    Turn   J    River   J    liamkWinPair of Jacks435768.04553693.36
    Posted by THESWISS

Player

Action

Cards

Amount

Pot

Balance

THESWISS

Small blind

sweetthing

Big blind

Your hole cards

·       Q

·       K

gadgerno1

Fold

liamk

Raise

THESWISS

All-in

sweetthing

Fold

liamk

Call

THESWISS

Show

·       Q

·       K

liamk

Show

·       A

Flop

Turn

·       J

River

·       J

liamk

Win

Pair of Jacks

• edited October 2010
    Heres mine..... thats why you should not play when not 100% play bad and lose 80% of my roll yesterday grrrr very annoying! obviously the 80% wasnt in this otherwise wouldnt be in it, was in cash playing like a donkey although eventually a £70 pot losing with someone hitting there 4 outter on the river for gut shot straight which i hit two pair, half my own fault though tbh DONT PLAY WHEN ILL PEEPS
    YOUNG_GUN Small blind   25.00 25.00 1215.00
    TULSAHEAT Big blind   50.00 75.00 1929.38
      Your hole cards

STAR99 Fold        
    four4two Fold        
    igloomax Raise   150.00 225.00 1987.50
    rice11 Fold        
    YOUNG_GUN Call   125.00 350.00 1090.00
    TULSAHEAT All-in   1929.38 2279.38 0.00
    igloomax Fold        
    YOUNG_GUN All-in   1090.00 3369.38 0.00
    TULSAHEAT Unmatched bet   739.38 2630.00 739.38
    YOUNG_GUN Show

TULSAHEAT Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

• A

Turn

River

TULSAHEAT Win Two Pairs, Aces and 10s 2630.00   3369.38
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: TONIGHTS BOUNTY HUNTER EXIT HAND:
    Hi Ed The hand is unreadable m8, i think you need to repost the history. Also wouldnt this be better in the clinic?
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Ed Giddins was questioning the shove. I am not saying he is wrong but it is close. I pos could have just called. If he had made the raise 3bbs then i think i def would have shoved but the min raise made it a trickier decision. He had made quite a few button raises before this with marginal hands.

Your thoughts Gregster
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: TONIGHTS BOUNTY HUNTER EXIT HAND : Ed Giddins was questioning the shove. I am not saying he is wrong but it is close. I pos could have just called. If he had made the raise 3bbs then i think i def would have shoved but the min raise made it a trickier decision. He had made quite a few button raises before this with marginal hands. Your thoughts Gregster
    Posted by THESWISS
    I don't mind the shove here at all epecially because he min raised. I'm shoving back to min raises with air sometimes if i think they are constantly stealing, so KQ is perfectly good! I wouldnt just call, oop, i would shove or fold.

I certainly wouldnt be comfortable in calling with just A10 when my opponant shoves his stack though.

• edited October 2010
    Hey Ed.. VWP last night.. Was gutted for you in that hand :(

Regardless of whether or not you should have shoved (Coin flip imo..but then again I'm hardly an expert!) once you DID shove it should have got through really.. 

Ed G was quite excited about you being in the tourney from the beginning and you were pretty much the first person he told me to watch out for before the show even begun even he was checking out the players and stats.

• edited October 2010
    HI, ED,  welcome back to winning ways and congrats.

Thank you for posting your thoughts on the exit hand, I totally agree with you and Greg, to the vast majority of players that are constantly min-rasing you should fight back with kq BUT you  want to force a fold and win an uncontested. The reason why I didnt like your move is because you know hes probably not going to fold.. 

Lets look at some posible holdings for him[hard I know with his loose style]

22,33,44,55,66,77,88,99,tt.  its a coinflip
    any ace,  your behind
    total air;  you lose the hand 33% of the time.

ONly hands you want to see are qt,kj ,kt imo.

With 20bb'syou are too good to get you chips in the middle against any player, let alone a station, with anything but premium pre-flop and a made hand post-flop
  • edited October 2010
    Shove is ok.

20bb is pretty playable stack....the only thing that would make me wanan jam and hope for a double up is the CL stack is 60bb so we do need a double up to play some pokerz.

You can def raise to 6x and fold to a jam imo. Althought I'd rather be 3betting light here with J9 than an actual hand. If he flats than its prob a pretty easy ship on most flop I think.

With KQ a flat call isn't terrible esp if you think you can take the pot away on dry looknig flops.

If he opens for 3xbb then shoving is far, far better.

• edited October 2010
    Hey Ed.. VWP last night.. Was gutted for you in that hand :( Regardless of whether or not you should have shoved (Coin flip imo..but then again I'm hardly an expert!) once you DID shove it should have got through really..  Ed G was quite excited about you being in the tourney from the beginning and you were pretty much the first person he told me to watch out for before the show even begun even he was checking out the players and stats.
    Posted by LML
    Hi LM

Loving the hair last night, very nice :)
  • edited October 2010
    Hey Ed.. VWP last night.. Was gutted for you in that hand :( Regardless of whether or not you should have shoved (Coin flip imo..but then again I'm hardly an expert!) once you DID shove it should have got through really..  Ed G was quite excited about you being in the tourney from the beginning and you were pretty much the first person he told me to watch out for before the show even begun even he was checking out the players and stats.
    Posted by LML

Cheers Lisa, great show last night.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: TONIGHTS BOUNTY HUNTER EXIT HAND : I don't mind the shove here at all epecially because he min raised. I'm shoving back to min raises with air sometimes if i think they are constantly stealing, so KQ is perfectly good! I wouldnt just call, oop, i would shove or fold. I certainly wouldnt be comfortable in calling with just A10 when my opponant shoves his stack though.
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Cheers Greg. My mistake was not focussing on the fact he is calling shoves with any average hand. I still should have been ahead of his range but it was close to calling or even raising it to 6bbs. The 20bb stacked made me push.

• edited October 2010
    HI, ED,  welcome back to winning ways and congrats. Thank you for posting your thoughts on the exit hand, I totally agree with you and Greg, to the vast majority of players that are constantly min-rasing you should fight back with kq BUT you  want to force a fold and win an uncontested. The reason why I didnt like your move is because you know hes probably not going to fold..  Lets look at some posible holdings for him[hard I know with his loose style] 22,33,44,55,66,77,88,99,tt.  its a coinflip any ace,  your behind total air;  you lose the hand 33% of the time. ONly hands you want to see are qt,kj ,kt imo. With 20bb'syou are too good to get you chips in the middle against any player, let alone a station, with anything but premium pre-flop and a made hand post-flop
    Posted by EdGiddins

Hi Ed,

Cheers for your support last night. I think you are correct, my mistake was not acknowledging that he is calling with any hand he limps with. i assume you would have just called in that spot and looking back that would have possibly been better against that particular player. If i had seen his earlier hands that you showed on TV before i may have reconsidered.

My Sharkscope graph on Sky has flatlined in the last 18 months, lots of cashes but mostly around 25th place and hardly any final tables so last night made a change. I blame variance, hopefully i am correct and they will be like buses now.

Cheers again

Ed

• edited October 2010
    Shove is ok. 20bb is pretty playable stack....the only thing that would make me wanan jam and hope for a double up is the CL stack is 60bb so we do need a double up to play some pokerz. You can def raise to 6x and fold to a jam imo. Althought I'd rather be 3betting light here with J9 than an actual hand. If he flats than its prob a pretty easy ship on most flop I think. With KQ a flat call isn't terrible esp if you think you can take the pot away on dry looknig flops. If he opens for 3xbb then shoving is far, far better.
    Posted by scotty77

Cheers Scotty

• edited October 2010
    Well played theswiss. I gave you the starting you needed! :D
  • edited October 2010
    Well played theswiss. I gave you the starting you needed! :D
    Posted by shaun09

Lol, yup not much you could do there. I'd have shoved too with your hand.

• edited October 2010

Hi Swiss, Unlucky on this hand and wp last night,

obviously nothing wrong with the shove to certain players

however, no disrespect, to your opponent
    the guy limp called your shove a few hand earlier with j10 suited v your 44 i think?
    dont think a race v this type of player is needed

think flat would of been fine imo, hit v him, and I believe he would of struggled to
    lay most things down, ie bubble (final table? his all in call wiv 55, on a k,j,9 flop

still unlucky mate, and wp

gadge

• edited October 2010
    Ye swiss i think i had alot of outs :D
  • edited October 2010
    Hi Swiss, Unlucky on this hand and wp last night, obviously nothing wrong with the shove to certain players however, no disrespect, to your opponent the guy limp called your shove a few hand earlier with j10 suited v your 44 i think? dont think a race v this type of player is needed think flat would of been fine imo, hit v him, and I believe he would of struggled to lay most things down, ie bubble (final table? his all in call wiv 55, on a k,j,9 flop still unlucky mate, and wp gadge
    Posted by gadgerno1

Cheers Gadge, i think you are correct. Well played last night.

• edited October 2010

thanks mate
    and once again v ul

gadge