You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (16th/17th)

edited October 2010 in The Football Corner
Thank god the international break is over again. Now it's time to sit & wait to see which team is gonna balls things up for me this weekend!

3 bets for me to start with for tomorrow

Main Acca:

Cardiff to beat Bristol City (H) @ 1/2
Port Vale to beat Gillingham (H) @ 5/6
Shrewsbury to beat Lincoln (H) @ 8/11
Dunfermline to beat Ross Co (H) @ 4/6

These 4 are paying a decent 13/2

Cardiff remain unbeaten at home so far this season & they meet a Bristol City side with only 1 win in the league all season in this lunchtime kick off. Craig Bellamy is back & Michael Chopra is hopeful of playing some part too after spending the last 7 weeks on the sidelines with an ankle injury. Cardiff done the double over the Robins last season winning 3-0 at home & 6-0 at Ashton Gate.
Port Vale have had a little wobble in recent weeks & they let me down big time last weekend when they could only manage a draw at rock bottom Hereford. However they really should see off Gillingham at home tomorrow. The Gills have drawn 2 & lost 3 on the road so far this season & have conceded a whopping 14 goals in those games too! The two draws they have managed on their travels have come against struggling Morecambe & rock bottom Hereford whilst they have also lost at 4th bottom Bradford too. Vale have won their last 3 at home & those victories have all come against top half opposition.
Shrewsbury currently occupy 5th spot in League 2 & are one of four teams in this division who have yet to lose at home this season. They host a Lincoln side who have won one & lost four away from Sincil Bank this season. The Shrews done the double over Lincoln last year & haven't conceded a goal against them in their last four meetings.
Dunfermline are currently in top spot in division one & have won all 3 games at home this season & they come up against a Ross County side who have started slowly this season. In 4 games on the road so far they've won once (on the opening day at Cowdenbeath) & drew at bottom side Morton on their last road trip.

Long Shot Acca:

Manyoo (-1) to beat West Brom (H) @ 4/6
Chelsea to beat Villa (A) @ 5/6
Boro to beat Leeds (H) @ 23/20
Bournemouth to beat MK Dons (H) @ 6/5
Peterborough to beat Swindon (H) @ 10/11
Sheff Weds to beat Yeovil (A) @ 11/8

As usual this does exactly what it says on the tin & is paying a big 65/1.

United have yet to really hit 2nd gear so far this season & this is just the sort of game they need to kick start their season. Sure, they'll be a little wary after the baggies shock win at Arsenal the other week but if they don't win this game comfortably then they don't deserve to be champions come next May.
Despite the fact that Chelsea have got a few players missing this is a decent price. Their reserves are probably worth more than most starting 11's in the prem & although I think it'll be close they should just about have enough to get past Villa.
The ginger ninja is under pressure at Boro after finding themselves in 18th place when they were favourites to win this division this season. Their saving grace here is that their home form is decent enough & Leeds are looking a little shaky of late.
I'm really surprised that Bournemouth are priced this big. They're unbeaten at home so far whilst MK Dons have lost 4 from 5 away from home.
A month ago I would've had Peterborough in my main acca but they're another side who have wobbled a bit of late having recently lost at home to Notts Co & away at Hartlepool last week. In contrast Swindon have picked up a bit themselves recently but I think Peterborough will just shade this. Plus that's also a decent price considering their overall home form this season.
Both Yeovil & Wednesday have won their last 2 games but I'm more than happy to back Wednesday at that price here. Despite a little wobble a few weeks ago they've pushed themselves back into the play off spots & will be going all out to try & cement their place in the promotion picture.

Goals Goals Goals Acca (All are both to score):

Arsenal/Birmingham @ 10/11
Bolton/Stoke @ 5/6
Portsmouth/Watford @ 4/6
Peterborough/Swindon @ 4/6
Huddersfield/Southampton @ 8/11

These 5 five are paying a very tidy 15/1 & the great thing about this bet is that is really doesn't matter if one team is 5-0 up with a couple of minutes to go as you're still in with a chance right until the final whistle. All these teams have got goals in them & are also capable of conceding as well which always helps!

Happy betting peeps

Jay

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I can,t be bothered working out a bet tonight , so gonna trust your jusgement Bob on the first bet and do a £5 acca.
    I owe u a drink if it comes in
  • edited October 2010
    I always do a risky double or treble, and this weeks is ...

Reading to win at home against Swansea (EVENS)
    Dagenham to win at home against Walsall (EVENS)
    Accrington Stanley to win at home against Rotherham (6/4)

This is my outside bet, doubt it'll come in but I live in hope. All teams won their last home game, Accrington and Reading are on v.good home form, and Dagenham, well, they have a chance lol!

This is 9/1 and returns £50 of a fiver!

This is another five pound accumulator ..

Cardiff to win at home against Bristol City
    Bournemouth to win at home against MK Dons
    Port Vale to win home against Gillingham
    Shrewsbury to win at home against Lincoln
    Dunfermline to win at home against Ross County
    Grimsby to win at home against Southport

Of a fiver I think this returns £100 and something, 27/1 i think, which i was quite surprised at. All teams are on form, I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of this one tbh! 

• edited October 2010

Spurs
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Leicester
    Donny.

Above pay 71/1

I have done a separate one, but added Leeds for hopefully abit of tea-time excitement, then realised Chelsea kick off late too!!! With leeds it's 230/1
  • edited October 2010
    Todays Effort 36 X 7 Folds, 9 X 8 Folds and an Acca.
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueNewcastle v WiganMatch Result 16/10/2010 15:00Newcastle @ 8/11
    FootballNpower ChampionshipIpswich v CoventryTeams to Score 16/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 5/6
    FootballNpower ChampionshipQ.P.R. v NorwichTeams to Score 16/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 8/11
    FootballNpower League 1Bristol Rov v RochdaleMatch Result 16/10/2010 15:00Bristol Rov @ 6/5
    FootballNpower League 2Torquay v BuryTeams to Score 16/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 8/11
    FootballScottish Premier LeagueHibernian v KilmarnockTo Score 2+ Goals 16/10/2010 15:00Hibernian @ 11/10
    FootballScottish Division 1Dunfermline v Ross Co.Teams to Score 16/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 10/11
    FootballNpower League 1Tranmere v BrentfordMatch Result 16/10/2010 15:00Tranmere @ 11/8
    FootballNpower League 2Southend v CreweMatch Result 16/10/2010 15:00Southend @ 6/5
    Good Luck to everyone having a bet today.

Off to work now (FFS for the win)
  • edited October 2010
    My weekend accum: -

Dortmund (w)

Man utd

Arsenal

Newcastle

Cardiff

Qpr

Reading

Peterborough

Sheff wed

Port vale

Shrewsbury

Dunfermaline

Livingston

Afc wimbledon

Benfica

paying just over 1200/1.
    A very big long shot, but you never know!
    Good luck everyone!
  • edited October 2010
    Spurs @6/4
    chelsea @5/6

QPR @8/11
    Hibs @ evens

two £10 doubles

Bob where did you put the both teams to score bet on?
    Looked for it on here and can't find link anymore.
  • atwatw
    edited October 2010
    Went for

Cardiff
    Peterborough
    Shrewsbury
    Port Vale
    Bournemouth

Thank god you mighty Bluebirds!
  • edited October 2010
    I dont know why PORT VALE home to gillingham  5/6
    + SHREWSBURY home to lincoln 8/11 are such big prices.
    Worth a double @ over 2/1.
  • edited October 2010
    Just noticed you've already picked those out- bob-jay.Cardiff made you sweat.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (16th/17th):
    Spurs @6/4 chelsea @5/6 QPR @8/11 Hibs @ evens two £10 doubles Bob where did you put the both teams to score bet on? Looked for it on here and can't find link anymore.
    Posted by igimc
    ok,found it

Fulham v spurs
    Reading v swansea

wolves v west ham
    derby v preston

both teams to score £6 doubles
  • edited October 2010
    Finally managed to drag the missus away from the shops so didn't have time to get on any more bets but it's looking OK so far.

Just seen how close the Cardiff game was so that's one down & three to go on my main bet. The others ain't looking too bad at the moment either so hopefully I'm in for a decent payout today?
  • edited October 2010
    Finally managed to drag the missus away from the shops so didn't have time to get on any more bets but it's looking OK so far. Just seen how close the Cardiff game was so that's one down & three to go on my main bet. The others ain't looking too bad at the moment either so hopefully I'm in for a decent payout today?
    Posted by silentbob
    uh oh,is that chickens you're counting?
  • edited October 2010
    hmmm,a bad day all round by the looks of things.
    I'm waiting on Chelsea for a double with Spurs but
    apart from that NOTHING.
  • edited October 2010
    Now I know how a Stoke fan feels. God I hate Port Vale so much right now. Two weeks running they've done me with games they should be winning (on paper at least!).

I'll have a look at tomorrow's games in more detail in the morning but at a quick glance I'm thinking of a double of over 65 booking points in the Everton/Liverpool game (5/4) & Man City to in at Blackpool (4/7). I think the 5/2 on offer for the double is worth a go.
  • edited October 2010
    I dont know why PORT VALE home to gillingham  5/6

Looks like that was the main coupon buster for the above bets, especially for atw. Top of the league and playing against a team who have gone 17 games without a win. UL
  • edited October 2010
    FootballNpower ChampionshipPortsmouth v WatfordTeams to Score 16/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score (Win) @ 4/6
    FootballNpower ChampionshipIpswich v CoventryTeams to Score 16/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score (Win) @ 5/6
    FootballNpower ChampionshipBarnsley v Nottm. ForestTeams to Score 16/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score (Win) @ 5/6
    FootballNpower League 1Peterborough v SwindonTeams to Score 16/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score (Win) @ 4/6
    FootballScottish Division 1Cowdenbeath v Raith Rov.Teams to Score 16/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score (Win) @ 8/11
    FootballScottish Division 1Dunfermline v Ross Co.Teams to Score 16/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score (Win) @ 10/11
    Goals Goals Goals ftw
  • edited October 2010
    Nice One.

Defo think that QuickDraw is the man to follow at the minute.

Always there or thereabouts recently.

No pressure like QuickDraw, but any chance of posting your selections on Friday Night/Saturday Morning? ;0)
  • edited October 2010
    QuickDraw for the win by the way!
  • edited October 2010
    Bet placed at16/10/2010 11:41
    Bet TypeSingle
    Bet ChannelInternet
    Number of lines1
    Stake per line£220.00
    Total stake£220.00
    SettledY
    Number of win lines1

Returns£380.00

Selection Details
    Class/SportEvent Type EventMarketDateSelectionNotes
    FootballNpower League 1Peterborough v SwindonUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 16/10/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals (Win) @ 8/11

I was so sure that there were goals in this match i had a big punt on it. 3 goals in the first 20 minutes so i did'nt even have to sweat about it coming in.

Was going to bet more but lost my nerve when it came to putting it on.

Well done graw, lots of goals this weekend.

Be lucky

achill
  • edited October 2010
    Feet up before half three. Quality, Well Done.
  • edited October 2010
    balls if united would of beat west brom i would of won £500 from a fiver,

had 3 teams to win and 2 to draw. ALL BUT 1!

• edited October 2010
    Nice One. Defo think that QuickDraw is the man to follow at the minute. Always there or thereabouts recently. No pressure like QuickDraw, but any chance of posting your selections on Friday Night/Saturday Morning? ;0)
    Posted by emilyegg
    Kiss of Death there.

:0(
  • edited October 2010
    Siht, Sorry QuickDraw. Never thought about that.

Enjoy your next win in the year 2019. ;0)
  • edited October 2010
    Right then, I've gone for a small treble today

Celtic to beat Dundee Utd (A) @ 8/13
    Man City to beat Blackpool (A) @ 4/7
    Over 65 booking points in Everton/Liverpool game @ 5/4

Treble pays 9/2
  • edited October 2010

Everton & Blackpool double for meeeeeeeeeeee.
  • edited October 2010
    Siht, Sorry QuickDraw. Never thought about that. Enjoy your next win in the year 2019. ;0)
    Posted by emilyegg
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueEverton v Liverpool1st Goalscorer 17/10/2010 13:30Cahill, T. (Win) @ 13/2
  • edited October 2010
    On Fire m8, On Fire. Nice Price too!
  • edited October 2010
    Nice bet Achill. The only  problem with a win is you always wish you,d put more on, so wouldn,t worry about that.

My m8 who is a Man City fan won weeks ago on Tevez to score 1st at 7/1 (£30). He told me then he would carry on backing him with his winnings and urged me to do the same. Of course i didn,t listen and have now lost count how many tmes he has scored 1st goal

I,ve backed Cardiff to win The Championship on the handicap list at the start of the season at about 22-24/1. for £15.
    They are now 12/5,  so  I could wait until end of season and if they win collect £300 or lay it off now and pick up about £95 now.

What would you do? (anyone)  

• edited October 2010
    Nice bet Achill. The only  problem with a win is you always wish you,d put more on, so wouldn,t worry about that. My m8 who is a Man City fan won weeks ago on Tevez to score 1st at 7/1 (£30). He told me then he would carry on backing him with his winnings and urged me to do the same. Of course i didn,t listen and have now lost count how many tmes he has scored 1st goal I,ve backed Cardiff to win The Championship on the handicap list at the start of the season at about 22-24/1. for £15. They are now 12/5,  so  I could wait until end of season and if they win collect £300 or lay it off now and pick up about £95 now. What would you do? (anyone)    
    Posted by MP33
    Wait and collect your £300. The only threat is QPR and they've had a freakishly good start. Cardiff are always at the top end of the championship so they know what it takes and with the addition of Bellamy that should be the final piece of the jigsaw, he was one of the best players in the Premier League last year and he's far too good for this division. With Whittingham starting to fire again & Chopra coming back from injury Cardiff should be kicking into top gear over the next few weeks and opening up a gap over everyone bar QPR.

Good luck
  • edited October 2010
    Nice bet Achill. The only  problem with a win is you always wish you,d put more on, so wouldn,t worry about that. My m8 who is a Man City fan won weeks ago on Tevez to score 1st at 7/1 (£30). He told me then he would carry on backing him with his winnings and urged me to do the same. Of course i didn,t listen and have now lost count how many tmes he has scored 1st goal I,ve backed Cardiff to win The Championship on the handicap list at the start of the season at about 22-24/1. for £15. They are now 12/5,  so  I could wait until end of season and if they win collect £300 or lay it off now and pick up about £95 now. What would you do? (anyone)    
    Posted by MP33
    Take the money.A bird in the hand and all that......