You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BLINDS INDICATOR

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Knowing how many big blinds you have in a tournament is essential. It is a pain to have to constantly calculate what this figure is for yourself and your opponents.

I have an idea.

Where it shows your chip stack figure just show what this figure represents in big blinds.

eg 30,000 / 10bbs

This could be an option in settings or automatic view. It would make my life a lot easier. Also it would be another USP for Sky.

I really should charge for this stuff.

Ed

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Multiply the blinds by 10, if your stack is above that your ok, if its below shove em in, simples :)
  • edited October 2010
    pretty easy to multiply in your head.

I'm possably the worst at maths out of everyone playing poker anywhere, and I can manage it just fine.
  • edited October 2010
    i can`t do my multiple blinds, i`m blind
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: BLINDS INDICATOR:
    Multiply the blinds by 10, if your stack is above that your ok, if its below shove em in, simples :)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Even simpleser (?). Take the last number off your stack. The big blind's bigger? Shove.

Failing that. Press that wee Start button on the bottom left hand corner of your screen. Then "All Programs". Then "Accessories". Then "Calculator". Type in your stack, then press the "/"  then the bb value and "=". That's how many bbs you have left. Simpleser.

I mean move the wee arrow with the mouse and hit the button the finger nearest you thumb's over. Physically pressing those buttons won't work ;-)
  • edited October 2010
    It would be a helpful tool for beginners Ed.

But the number of blinds is something that is an automatic calculation for experienced mtt players. In a live game you don't usually even have the luxury of an up to date lobby, where you can work out average stacks etc, so all of this, and number of blinds has to be worked out in your head. Its part of the skill of the game.

We cant have everything done for us or the game would become boring. I love poker because it keeps my mind active!

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: BLINDS INDICATOR:
    It would be a helpful tool for beginners Ed. But the number of blinds is something that is an automatic calculation for experienced mtt players. In a live game you don't usually even have the luxury of an up to date lobby, where you can work out average stacks etc, so all of this, and number of blinds has to be worked out in your head. Its part of the skill of the game. We cant have everything done for us or the game would become boring. I love poker because it keeps my mind active!
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Obviously i do the maths in my head all the time but you are forgetting some important facts.

1. I am very lazy

2. What if i am drunk?

3. What if i am tired?

I am surprised nobody wants it. All i am saying so have as it as a option in settings, players can choose to use it or not. It does not have to be mandatory. I think it is a good idea to at least trial.

Me

• edited October 2010
    Nah do it in your head, and what if you wanted to work out your 'M' etc - it could be endless, would make the game boring in my humble opinion
  • edited October 2010
    you lazy g it!!!!

(i like it tho)