You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tikay's "Train In" Guide to Blackpool

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat

Hi Tikay.
As you may be aware parking outside some of the B&B's in Blackpool can be a bit of a nightmare. So I thought to encourage people to take a ride on your beloved trains, it might be a good idea if you could publish some of the train routes from the major cities, any direct routes or changeovers which people may make from places such as.

London
Birmingham
Manchester
Nottingham
Glasgow

Etc Etc............

Do any of the trains/locomotives from these cities have special names or identities which we could collect along the way to post on the forum or talk about when we get to Blackpool?

Are there any special trains which run from any of the major cities to blackpool which may be of interest? (Bit of a train spotting exercise) lets see how many we can collect.

If any other forum members are thinking of catching the train to blackpool and post there location, could you give them a guide to there best route or a train of interest?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    i'm getting the train...bradford to blackpool straight through with nowt farting about with...

though i'm hoping to talk machka into picking me up from the station :o)

hope this helps

xx
  • edited October 2010
    Like myself who will be getting the train to Blackpool from Manchester on the Saturday, depending on how good or mainly bad i do at SPT Blackpool i will either be getting the last train out of Blackpool North on the Saturday at 11:02pm or should a miracle happen and i run deep then i will have no choice but to get A REPLACEMENT BUS SERVICE in the early hours of Sunday morning  from Blackpool North to Manchester Airport at 03:20am.

From memory and i know ill have missed out a couple of stations along the way but i think my journey will be something like the following:

Manchester Piccadilly - Manchester Oxford Road - Manchester Deansgate - Salford Crescent - Kearsley - Bolton - Horwich - Chorley - Preston - Kirkham and Wesham - Blackpool North
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Tikay's "Train In" Guide to Blackpool:
    i'm getting the train...bradford to blackpool straight through with nowt farting about with... though i'm hoping to talk machka into picking me up from the station :o) hope this helps xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    If I do get to go then I am going to train as well.  It will have to be piggy back all the way to the B&B!  Cue the innuendo.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Tikay's "Train In" Guide to Blackpool:
    In Response to Re: Tikay's "Train In" Guide to Blackpool : If I do get to go then I am going to train as well.  It will have to be piggy back all the way to the B&B!  Cue the innuendo.
    Posted by Machka

That'll be a hard night.
  • edited October 2010
    Dont know much about the trains but Blackpool also has an airport.

Problem is its only any good if you live in Ireland, the Isle of Man or south of the Alps !