You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Low stake regular mtt's

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat

During the day there are a series of £20 gauranteed and rebuy £25 gauranteed regular structured tournaments for the low stakes mtt players, but the last of these runs at 17.20(?), none through the evening.

If sky are looking to attract players in at the lower end through promotions like the August freerolls and the premiership tournament would running some of these through the evening peak traffic not provide a logical next step up from freerolls and sit & go's for those who are learning the game?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Low stake regular mtt's:
    During the day there are a series of £20 gauranteed and rebuy £25 gauranteed regular structured tournaments for the low stakes mtt players, but the last of these runs at 17.20(?), none through the evening. If sky are looking to attract players in at the lower end through promotions like the August freerolls and the premiership tournament would running some of these through the evening peak traffic not provide a logical next step up from freerolls and sit & go's for those who are learning the game?
    Posted by harding10
    You don't know how lucky you are!!!

Theres only 1 between 7am and 7pm with a £200 prize-pool (and even that's only a fiver) I think that's where the problem is !!!
  • edited October 2010
    Think there"s one at 10.20 ish aswell harding m8. 9am 11.15 2.35 5.20 then 10ishIn Response to Low stake regular mtt's:
    During the day there are a series of £20 gauranteed and rebuy £25 gauranteed regular structured tournaments for the low stakes mtt players, but the last of these runs at 17.20(?), none through the evening. If sky are looking to attract players in at the lower end through promotions like the August freerolls and the premiership tournament would running some of these through the evening peak traffic not provide a logical next step up from freerolls and sit & go's for those who are learning the game?
    Posted by harding10
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Low stake regular mtt's:
    Think there"s one at 10.20 ish aswell harding m8. 9am 11.15 2.35 5.20 then 10ishIn Response to Low stake regular mtt's :
    Posted by -JINKY-
    Missed that one, my mistake. But that still leaves a 5 hour gap through the evening period.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Low stake regular mtt's : Missed that one, my mistake. But that still leaves a 5 hour gap through the evening period.
    Posted by harding10
    Yep a 5 hour gap in which i suppose WE should be playing out of our bankrolls ;o)
  • edited October 2010
    How about giving the £2 deepstacks a go - small buy-in 5000 chips 12 mins blinds - do well u get 4 hrs worth.

They normally start at 7-10 to 7-20pm & I think others start later at about the same time past the hour
  • edited October 2010
    How about giving the £2 deepstacks a go - small buy-in 5000 chips 12 mins blinds - do well u get 4 hrs worth. They normally start at 7-10 to 7-20pm & I think others start later at about the same time past the hour
    Posted by Ploppy33
    I like the deepstacks, and they're probably the format that suits my game best. But for myself and many other players, for various reasons there are limited occasions when we can sit for a 3 to 4 hour tournament, and its a big step up from freerolls and sit & go's.

I play the Monday night £2.20 Take on Tikay most weeks, but am lucky to be in a position to play 2 deepies a month on top of this, but could probably play a £20 type gauranteed tournament most nights.

Another couple of months of progress and I should be rolled to play the £5.50 games where there is a regular choice of an evening, but I do feel there's a step on the ladder missing at the moment.