You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Two questions..

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Okay, it's another £5.50 dym, i have no notes at all and were only about 15 hands in..

What i want to know is:

1) How is my bet sizing, on both the flop and the turn? Should i have bet so strong when that turn came?

2) Simply..call or fold?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jabbawokki Small blind   15.00 15.00 2503.75
Madog Big blind   30.00 45.00 1030.00
  Your hole cards

Lainey55 Fold        
KERI Fold        
Seanie_G Fold        
christiann Raise   120.00 165.00 2260.00
jabbawokki Call   105.00 270.00 2398.75
Madog Fold        
Flop

jabbawokki Check        
christiann Bet   202.50 472.50 2057.50
jabbawokki Call   202.50 675.00 2196.25
Turn

jabbawokki Check        
christiann Bet   675.00 1350.00 1382.50
jabbawokki All-in   2196.25 3546.25 0.00

Comments

• edited October 2010

Hi Christiann,

Firstly, i am never ever playing this hand this early. Its a snap fold preflop for me. There is no need to get involved at all without premiums early on. ( but at least you raised with it!)

However, as played, your bet size on the flop is fine. But on the turn, i slow down to control the pot. I am looking to hit my flush as cheap as possible as my top pair is probably not good. That 8 is a danger card, QJ is a possibility. I simply check behind.

As played, it is a fold on the turn imo, you have to be behind maybe even to QJ. Its too expensive and too risky to call when you probably only have flush outs.

• edited October 2010

As it's a DYM, fold pre-flop.

As played, call and miss all your outs*

Edit - ah yes, I didn't see you were 2nd to act, yes probably best to check behind on the turn like Greg and Doh say.

*Also generally bet smaller on flop and turn for pot control - say maybe 120/240.
  • edited October 2010

Surely once you bet the turn, you just can't fold???

Betting the turn when checked to you with all those outs has gotta be a mistake though in this type of game? 

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Two questions..:
    Surely once you bet the turn, you just can't fold??? Betting the turn when checked to you with all those outs has gotta be a mistake though in this type of game? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes you are probably right on reflection. It looks like a call on second look (bloody marginal though) My point in folding was that your "outs" may not even be clean outs.* If you fold you still have 1380 chips left which is enough to get back into it.

And yes, betting the turn is a mistake imo. I check behind for my free card every time here in a dym.

*danger of playing marginal hands early in a dym. we shoulda just folded pre obv.
  • edited October 2010
    You shouldn't have been in the pot in the first place, fold T7s pre-flop from any position this early in a DYM.

Check the turn.