You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

opinions please...

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi everyone,

Would appreciate some opinions / critique on the following hand. Its the 7th hand in a $2.25 DYM. I think I should have re-raised the flop to save a nightmare decision later....but, how would you have played it, would you make the call on the end? and, if you have time, how your decisions would be different in a cash and/or MTT game.

Please forgive the rough format below....

Trappo  SB   10         1086
elpepe  BB    20         483
Marty           fold       1086
Tessa           call        1081
ME    9h qd  call         1390
Rory            call         1980
Trappo         fold

Flop Qd 6s Jc

elpepe        check
Tessa         check
ME            Bet 90
Rory          Raise 180

elpepe        fold
Tessa         call
ME             call

Turn  8d

Tessa         check
ME             check
Rory          Raise 315
Tessa         call
ME            call

River  5h

Tessa         check
ME            check
Rory          Raise 1098
Tessa         fold
ME            ?????

Comments

• edited October 2010
    fold pre fold turn. i would do these in all formats of poker.
    reraising the flop is the worst option you can take imo
  • edited October 2010
    hey Lol, thanks for your reply.

It was early in the DYM and Q 9 off isn't a hand I generally play, but will maybe 30% of the time in late position, as long as I get to see a cheap flop, which I did. As been as I decided to play the hand, once I had hit top pair, I thought I would make a pot bet, to find out where i was. This was re-raised by the villain, which does show strength - im now putting him on either a draw, or another Q (figure im unlucky if he has hit a set). I decided to call to see a turn and re-evaluate as I didnt want to lay down top pair that easily. The 8 on the turn gave me top pair and gutshot.

Would you really fold on the turn to an approx 3/4 pot bet?
    What does everyone else think?

Anyway, I made what I think was a very bad call on the river - I just didnt believe, but knew he either had me crushed or had missed his draw - at showdown he had a pair of 3s.
  • edited October 2010
    p.s I did think of 3 betting the flop to show more strength and rep the Q, to check he really did have a good hand etc. Surely he would have folded to the re re raise? I thought just calling his re raise was itself showing weakness....If I had hit top pair isnt this something I would have done? It would also have saved me a lot of chips further down the streets as if he did 4 bet the flop I think I would have folded there and then.