You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing a cash Game!

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Is playing a cash game the same way you play an MTT a disadvantage and if so why?

Comments

• edited October 2010

Yes, because the blinds don't go up and you can re-buy/top up as many times as you want, whenever you want.

(That's the short answer anyway).
  • edited October 2010

Ask Phil Helmouth, :)

In general most players would agree that cash game takes a bit more skill that tournaments. Not to say that tournaments are easy, far from it, but the fact you are playing with a consistant blind level and stacks 100+bb deep means that the play down the streets is sometimes more creative than you may get in tournaments that your choices are often limited by the blinds and your stack at given stages.

The game is still the same, but just the fact you aren't out if you go bust means it gives more license for plays and to play speculative hands prehaps more often than you would in an MTT.

• edited October 2010
    Thanks guys.
    Keep your views coming in.
    I will definetely get something out of your views that will make me improve my game.
    Very poor at cash at the momment, basically because I play the smae style as my MTTS.
  • edited October 2010
    Im same, not rubbish at cash but doesnt seem to click as much. although when i multitable makes me play better cash where as in tourneys i prefer 1 or 2 so i can concentrate on them.