You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Barring players?

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
is this possible?

the reason I ask is say given a hypothetical situation where some newbies are playing at 2p/4p & u get a villain join who raises pre to say £2 almost all the time, this would obviously change the dynamics of the game.

Is the only option in this instance to leave & join new table, what if villain multi-tables?

Obviously I'm expecting the response of easy money up for grabs but some people at the low levels may not be bankrolled enough to combat this tactic or may just not enjoy this type of game.

Also this mechanism could be used as an invitation only table for friends etc.

I play a different card game online where the table opener (or 1st to sit in this case) would set the table parameters, for example - permission required to play etc.

Is this possible or even a good idea?

Thoughts please

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Play fixed or pot limit if someone shoving for 50/100bb puts you off playing. You shouldnt be playing a level your not properly bankrolled for. Ideally these are the people you want to play poker with.
  • edited October 2010
    as above although love the idea you can only invite your friends would be much better for forum games sit n gos or cash
  • edited October 2010
    Just wait untill you get good hand and call his £2 raises
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Barring players?:
    Just wait untill you get good hand and call his £2 raises
    Posted by shaun09
    I agree - but despite being boring I'm not sure anyone at the lower level ie 2p 4p is trying to make a carreer out of it - just want to play/learn

This was hypothetical anyway to illustrate a possible enhancement to the software?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Barring players?:
    Play fixed or pot limit if someone shoving for 50/100bb puts you off playing. You shouldnt be playing a level your not properly bankrolled for. Ideally these are the people you want to play poker with.
    Posted by Ms_Chips

yeah - if you could find a table
  • edited October 2010
    If you have someone raising that much pre just play premium hands.

I had a guy do it last night, not as much but he was raising almost every hand.

I waited for good playable hands, he did still outdraw me a few times due to the fact I think his fold button must of been broke!!!

In the long run you will beat players like this though by being a nit like me :)