You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

p.ms

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
i have a p.message in my profile section.when i click on it nothing happens .does anyone else have this problem??

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to p.ms:
    i have a p.message in my profile section.when i click on it nothing happens .does anyone else have this problem??
    Posted by kb245
    seems i might have to add as a friend to read the message.is this correct????
  • edited October 2010
    Should just be able to read it and dont get started on pm's
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: p.ms:
    Should just be able to read it and dont get started on pm's
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    DON'T MENTION PMs!!!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to p.ms:
    Posted by kb245
    Hi

Sometimes with IE8, you get an error on page message at the bottom left hand corner of the screen, I dont think this is the site cos it does it sometimes on other sites too, when this happens, I switch to firefox I can then read the PM.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to p.ms : Hi Sometimes with IE8, you get an error on page message at the bottom left hand corner of the screen, I dont think this is the site cos it does it sometimes on other sites too, when this happens, I switch to firefox I can then read the PM.
    Posted by acebarry10
    yeh.thaat seems to be the problem.
  • edited October 2010
    HI GUYS , IM ON FIREFOX . COULD NOT READ PMS FOR MOST OF YDAY . IN-BETWEEN , IT SUDDENLY WORKED . ALSO, THE SEARCH FOR FRIENDS WOULDN'T WORK . TRIED BOTH JUST NOW AND WORKED OK AGAIN.
  • edited October 2010

I have had problems accessing my PM inbox for the last 3 days, but this morning, it was fine, & I've been able to use it normally. Prob because I use different browsers at times, but I assumed it was because my Inbox was full. Like many others, I got inundated with "joke" PM's last week, (57 in one evening alone, marv), & since then, access to my PM Inbox has been intermittent. 
  • edited October 2010
    I have had problems accessing my PM inbox for the last 3 days, but this morning, it was fine, & I've been able to use it normally. Prob because I use different browsers at times, but I assumed it was because my Inbox was full. Like many others, I got inundated with "joke" PM's last week, (57 in one evening alone, marv), & since then, access to my PM Inbox has been intermittent.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes, I received a mild rebuke from Sky Rich for my part in that deeply regrettable episode and the mass messaging did mess things up slightly, but seems ok now.  Mind you, not that I would know, no-one PMs me normally..lol.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: p.ms : Yes, I received a mild rebuke from Sky Rich for my part in that deeply regrettable episode and the mass messaging did mess things up slightly, but seems ok now.  Mind you, not that I would know, no-one PMs me normally..lol.
    Posted by Taller_Guy
    I was not aware of that, & I certainly did not intend to bring attention to it. I must say, though, it messed up my Inbox completely, now I'm really struggling to find the "real" PM's in amongst the dross, & it is very time consuming. I get an e-mail notification of all PM's here,  & on two other Poker Forums which I'm involved with, so you can imagine the deluge of stuff I received last week. Each of those PM's was copied to about 50 other people, & I received over 50  - so I can't imagine how many PM's flew around in total! It rather reminds me of Facebook, it's like a time-sponge. Good fun, don't get me wrong, like. Ish. 

In my youth, we had to go fetch the coal for the fire, & we had to go down the mine to dig the coal out. Now everyone spends 27 hours a day on FB. Kids eh? Me, I'd have 'em all shot.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: p.ms : I was not aware of that, & I certainly did not intend to bring attention to it. I must say, though, it messed up my Inbox completely, now I'm really struggling to find the "real" PM's in amongst the dross, & it is very time consuming. I get an e-mail notification of all PM's here,  & on two other Poker Forums which I'm involved with, so you can imagine the deluge of stuff I received last week. Each of those PM's was copied to about 50 other people, & I received over 50  - so I can't imagine how many PM's flew around in total! It rather reminds me of Facebook, it's like a time-sponge. Good fun, don't get me wrong, like. Ish.  In my youth, we had to go fetch the coal for the fire, & we had to go down the mine to dig the coal out. Now everyone spends 27 hours a day on FB. Kids eh? Me, I'd have 'em all shot.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for the response. least i know its nit just me:)))))
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: p.ms : I was not aware of that, & I certainly did not intend to bring attention to it. I must say, though, it messed up my Inbox completely, now I'm really struggling to find the "real" PM's in amongst the dross, & it is very time consuming. I get an e-mail notification of all PM's here,  & on two other Poker Forums which I'm involved with, so you can imagine the deluge of stuff I received last week. Each of those PM's was copied to about 50 other people, & I received over 50  - so I can't imagine how many PM's flew around in total! It rather reminds me of Facebook, it's like a time-sponge. Good fun, don't get me wrong, like. Ish.  In my youth, we had to go fetch the coal for the fire, & we had to go down the mine to dig the coal out. Now everyone spends 27 hours a day on FB. Kids eh? Me, I'd have 'em all shot.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Don't worry, Tikay.  I informed two or three of the main culprits (they know who they are!! lol) and they went on to send PMs to almost everyone on the Forum, so I think most will be aware by now!

As for Facebook, I totally agree.  I get precious little time off work as it is, but when I do, I seem to spend a goodly part of it on FB - doing nothing in particular (which seems to be par for the course on there).

As a child, I well remember having to get the coal in.  Took me ages due to having to avoid all the spiders.  I managed to avoid the mine, though, as I was only ten and my shovel had snapped.

Anyway, shooting the young upstarts is a very commendable approach, but apparently frowned on by the authorities as the paperwork is a nightmare!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: p.ms : Yes, I received a mild rebuke from Sky Rich for my part in that deeply regrettable episode and the mass messaging did mess things up slightly, but seems ok now.  Mind you, not that I would know, no-one PMs me normally..lol.
    Posted by Taller_Guy
    me too...

sorry uncle teek but us forumers had a pm-ing blast! i'll have you know that one of the motley 'kids' is 70...pmsl

hope you catch up on your pm's soon....

wait...i'll pm you.

xx