You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Next Middlesborough Boss

edited October 2010 in The Football Corner
Not heard any names banded about yet, but with the under-acheivers of this leaugue its hard to see them get any worse and can only get better in my opinion. After watching highlights of the Leeds game Boyd could have had a hatrick and after his recent seasons in the SPL - ( best scorer of all time for Rangers) , could be the man to help turmn them around. (consistent - doesn,t miss many games through injury)

Also with Strachan gone Leroy Lita who has only played in 4 games this season, due to Strachan bringing in more Scottish Strikers In Mcdonald (leading scorer for Celtic one season) should get more play

Rembering we are only in October and  1/4 way through the season I think it could be worth a small bet on Boro turning it around and possibly slipping into the play off places. Plenty of teams have done it in this league like Blackpool last year, Burnley the year before and even The Mighty North End all coming from relegation zone to play offs (after manager changes as well)

If they are gonna do it they will need goals which is why I have backed the following

Chamionship Top Scorer

Kris Boyd  £5 at  24/1     2 goals

Leroy Lita £2 at  129/1   1 goal   

Boro for promotion 9/1    -  still thinking about it, depending on new manager

Fair play to Gordon Strachan for not accepting any compensation and doing the honourable thing and ripping up his contract which had 3 years to run.  Perhaps a certain international manager could take a leaf from his book

Comments