You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call With No Reads???

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
First of all, this is the VERY early stages of the open tonight, as in 3rd hand. This player has NO reads on me whatsoever, how can he call this ????? Seriously! I know i shouldn't be making plays this early in a tournament but I just thought i'd try build my stack early on, I guess i was bored lol! But still the Q remains, how can he call? 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceROBINAYRSmall blind 10.0010.001970.00percival09Big blind 20.0030.002040.00 Your hole cards53   rumjunkie1Fold    chepstowRaise 40.0070.001950.00JayDoggFold    hammettFold    ROBINAYRFold    percival09Call 20.0090.002020.00Flop  1087   percival09Check    chepstowBet 45.00135.001905.00percival09Call 45.00180.001975.00Turn  K   percival09Check    chepstowBet 180.00360.001725.00percival09Raise 499.00859.001476.00chepstowCall 319.001178.001406.00River  2   percival09Bet 777.001955.00699.00chepstowCall 777.002732.00629.00percival09Show53   chepstowShow6A   chepstowWinAce high2732.00 3361.00

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I have no idea what he is doing, nor do I have much idea what you're doing.

If I had to rate the plays, I think I prefer his play but it's pretty close neither are good withouts reads.
  • edited October 2010
    Lol fair enough! I still have noooo idea why he didn't fold, I have no idea what I was doing either but still! I then got abit annoyed next hand and shoved with J8 only to be called by AA :))))))))
  • ACAACA
    edited October 2010
    First of all, this is the VERY early stages of the open tonight, as in 3rd hand

y r u playin such a big pot re above, u have junk post on a dangerous flop and u wont let it go, I hope I meet both of u some time soon, and get lucky of course :)
  • edited October 2010
    HAha I'll play you any day of week my friend! I obviously don't play like this usually, I would have asked for advice if I didn't know how to play the game, I tried to make a move and it went wrong. 
  • edited October 2010
    chepstow has a soulread

or hes a bum
  • edited October 2010
    lol! It's crazy! And to answer any other future questions ... I didn't play 53 to hit a miracle flop, I was going to make a move whatever the board came, and it SHOULD have worked! 
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Call With No Reads???:
    lol! It's crazy! And to answer any other future questions ... I didn't play 53 to hit a miracle flop, I was going to make a move whatever the board came, and it SHOULD have worked! 
    Posted by percival09
    but surely there is always a time and place to make a move, you chose the 3rd hand of a tourney when blinds where tiny against a guy who you didnt know, now his call semmed like a stupid move but you dont know him, he may an idiot who calls anything with anything, if you knew that you would not of bluffed, he may be a genius that reads opponents spremely well, again u would not of bluffed him, your play had so very little to gain and so much to lose....surely you should be here questioning your play and not his...
  • edited October 2010

What was the buy in for this tournament? I suspect you should be bluffing very very rarely in these tournaments and especially at the start of any tournament. Wait until the donks have gone then you start bluffing and building your stack after the middle. I never play tournaments but I'm , sure I have this right.

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Call With No Reads??? : but surely there is always a time and place to make a move, you chose the 3rd hand of a tourney when blinds where tiny against a guy who you didnt know, now his call semmed like a stupid move but you dont know him, he may an idiot who calls anything with anything, if you knew that you would not of bluffed, he may be a genius that reads opponents spremely well, again u would not of bluffed him, your play had so very little to gain and so much to lose....surely you should be here questioning your play and not his...
    Posted by jesusdog22

+1 well put
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by percival09

telling yourself preflop that you are going to make a move postflop whatever the board comes is a really bad  thing
  • edited October 2010
    I know i shouldnt have attempted to make a move, but I did .... and I stand by what I said .. there is noooo way he can call that ! I'm surely representing something v.strong .. as in a flopped straight! check raising etc and then value betting! I like to build a stack early, and if that means putting my stack on the line for a double up when bluffing ... then thats what I shall do, whether it's bad play or not!