You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wayne Rooney Wants To Stay!!!!! Lol

In Response to Wayne Rooney Wants To Leave!!!!!:
Sky Sports News today released news that Wayne Rooney wants to leave Man United. Who do you think he will go too?????? (probably in January) ... front runners are Real Madrid,  Chelsea, Man City and Barcelona! As a Chelsea fan, I wouldn't mind him at Chelsea but we already have Drogba so we don't really need him, Man City would be even more serious candidates for the title if they were to get Rooney. I can't see further than Real Madrid though!!!
Posted by percival09
He's as thick as pig poo so that rules a foreign club out for me. There's no way he'd be able to learn a foreign language.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Sky Sports News today released news that Wayne Rooney wants to leave Man United. Who do you think he will go too?????? (probably in January) ... front runners are Real Madrid,  Chelsea, Man City and Barcelona! As a Chelsea fan, I wouldn't mind him at Chelsea but we already have Drogba so we don't really need him, Man City would be even more serious candidates for the title if they were to get Rooney. I can't see further than Real Madrid though!!!
  • edited October 2010
    I reckon it'll only really be between City & Madrid if he does leave in Jan. Given the fact that he could walk away for ~5m next summer there is no way in the world that the Glazers would allow that to happen. They'll want to get the best possible price for him even if it's from City.

I quite like the look of the 11/2 on offer for him to join Madrid myself.
  • edited October 2010
    I can see him at Chelsea yet. They apparently went in for Torres in the summer so may be after a new striker. Cannot see him at Madrid personally as Jose will think he has enough diva's there (including himself lol). This story is going to run and run...
  • edited October 2010

Got a feeling all this is a publicity thing and Rooney will be in the starting line up tonight.

Odds on that?
  • edited October 2010

Rooney won't play tonight as he had to be carried off from training. I don't beleive he will actually leave United though. I would imagine that a deal will be struck over his image rights giving him massive earings and he will decide to stay. If he plays at Madrid he has to go back to being 2nd fiddle to Ronaldo but also Kaka and the rest of the galacticos. He would have similar reception At Barcelona with the likes of Vila and Messi. City is not an option as him and Tevez are not going to play in the same team and Tevez is City Captain and all round Icon at the mo. Chelsea don't need him as Anelka is great And Drogba is the best front man in the country (although getting old)

I honestly would imagine that the request to leave a year before end of contract is a negotiating tactic that his agent has advised him to do to either get image rights at united or try run his contract down to get a free transfer and get massive earnings as there is no transfer fee

Rooney will still play for Untied next year IMO

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Wayne Rooney Wants To Leave!!!!!:
    Got a feeling all this is a publicity thing and Rooney will be in the starting line up tonight. Odds on that?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Soul read DOHHHHHHH.

U reckon this contract is just to make sure United get full value when they sell him?
  • edited October 2010
    Rooney embarrassing himself, how can you be 'adamant' you want to leave, and then 2 days later sign a 5 year contract? Something in that doesn't add up to me .... maybe he realised if he moved to City, he would probably get killed, if he moved to Chelsea, he wouldn't be the NO1 striker and if he moved abroad, he wouldn't be able to learn the new language being a scouser n all ;) lol!
  • edited October 2010
    i think he changed his mind due to the contract making him the highest paid Man U player in history lol

It wouldn't be a bad thing if it is just to secure full value for him next season as the thought of letting him go for £20m made me sick