You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moving Table in MTT

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
I recently played in the Boylesports IPO 2010 in Dublin. Starting stack 10,000 and 1st level blinds were 25/50. 40 Minutes blinds go up and 1200 runners across two days. I was playing on Day 1a and had the Legend Marty Smyth the Irish Open 2007 and WSOP Winner in Seat 2. I researched alot of my players on the table and just before the dinner break knocked out Marty Smyth with A J Spades to his pair of 6s all in Pre-flop. Great achievement but just after dinner i was up to 28 thousand chips which was just about average. Alot of players were 10 Big Blinds or less and began the shove all in mode, so the table became smaller and smaller, until eventually broke up. I was then moved to a table were the average stack was over 45,000 chips. My discussion is this, when you arrive at a new table you haven't the benefit of understanding the players that you have when you have been sitting at a table for over 6 hours and with the blinds going up sharply you haven't the benefit to wait for a bid hand. This is an on-going discussion but your comments would be appreciated on how you handle a new table and how to ensure that 6 hours work cannot be easily destroyed with one hand in position. I was knocked out 15 minutes in joining the table after watching two rounds of blinds go through me. out of 634 runners on day 1a I finished 130th, but I felt I played my A game and I cannot think what I could of improved on. 

I was in late position my stack was 14 thousand and the blinds were 800 and 1600, so I pushed with 10 8 diamonds and unfortunately ran into A Q off suit. Maybe a silly push but with less than 10 big blinds I had to begin the blind stealing as a variety of players were only playing premium hands. So How to review a new table is a key element of my game that needs improving, so your comments would be apprecaited.

Regards Gareth aka OCTUPUS