You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker (big boys)

ACAACA
edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Time chk 01:57

5 Cash tables (£5/£10) 4 x HU, 1 x 6 handed

I've listed the tables and appro players holdings

Great Malvern (1/2) Launder  £1000
Greenwich (1/2) Rosiedog  £1000
Shaftesbury (1/2) WeAreOnTV  £1000
Twekesbury (1/2) Lolufold  £1000

Saint Moritz (1/6) |JAMES| £1000

2 of these guys are SPT top dogs and the others clearly have big BR's so what are they waiting for and why wont all 5 play each other ????

Concerned citizen

pls discuss

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I have always wondered this too!?

I know one of those players won't play any of the regs!

Not sure about the rest  though??

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Sky Poker (big boys):
    Time chk 01:57 5 Cash tables (£5/£10) 4 x HU, 1 x 6 handed I've listed the tables and appro players holdings Great Malvern (1/2) Launder  £1000 Greenwich (1/2) Rosiedog  £1000 Shaftesbury (1/2) WeAreOnTV  £1000 Twekesbury (1/2) Lolufold  £1000 Saint Moritz (1/6) |JAMES| £1000 2 of these guys are SPT top dogs and the others clearly have big BR's so what are they waiting for and why wont all 5 play each other ???? Concerned citizen pls discuss
    Posted by ACA
    concerned ?? why ??
    clearly they respect each others game and feel they wont have an edge.
    i know at least 1 of the guys would play anyone there but he may have to think twice about putting his bankroll up against tom dwan for example,
    they want to win money not play the game for a bit of fun.
  • edited October 2010
    There waiting for a rich bloke with money to burn.

If there are 6 pros at the table all with similair skill level who wins?

They all lose because of the rake.
  • edited October 2010
    If there is little or no edge then only the rake wins in the long term HU. 
  • edited October 2010
    Their waiting for me to get drunk. Lol
  • edited October 2010

Hi ACA,

I'm not sure why you should be concerned, it's quite standard, & happens on every site. There is absolutely no reason why those you mention would wish to take each other on. "Table Selection" ftw.

If I were playing £1,000 Heads Up, or you were, we'd do the same, to be honest, we'd prefer a "softer spot".

In my case, the only one on this thread I'd be happy to share a Table with is Brownndog, as the rest of them are all extremely good. Trouble is, they are all waiting for him, too. 
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker (big boys):
    Their waiting for me to get drunk. Lol
    Posted by Ms_Chips

LOL!! yesssss the B***ards!!!! - It's inevitable one of them's gonna get some 1 day.

Withdraw to 500xbb's, and cancel your debit card before every session ftw!!! :)

• edited October 2010
    Hi ACA, I'm not sure why you should be concerned, it's quite standard, & happens on every site. There is absolutely no reason why those you mention would wish to take each other on. "Table Selection" ftw. If I were playing £1,000 Heads Up, or you were, we'd do the same, to be honest, we'd prefer a "softer spot". In my case, the only one on this thread I'd be happy to share a Table with is Brownndog, as the rest of them are all extremely good. Trouble is, they are all waiting for him, too. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    haha  V. True!!

• edited October 2010
    This is there living not a game as it may be to you or me. And to be profitable you have to play not just any game but the right game. They will get action rarely but when they do the edge they carry over the opponents they play will allow them to make a living (and a good one). If they all played each other all the time then the same money would just get passed around (minus the rake which takes a bite each time it goes in the pot).

It comes under the Phrase " Choose Your Battles" :)

ACES
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Sky Poker (big boys):
    Time chk 01:57 5 Cash tables (£5/£10) 4 x HU, 1 x 6 handed I've listed the tables and appro players holdings Great Malvern (1/2) Launder  £1000 Greenwich (1/2) Rosiedog  £1000 Shaftesbury (1/2) WeAreOnTV  £1000 Twekesbury (1/2) Lolufold  £1000 Saint Moritz (1/6) |JAMES| £1000 2 of these guys are SPT top dogs and the others clearly have big BR's so what are they waiting for and why wont all 5 play each other ???? Concerned citizen pls discuss
    Posted by ACA
    hi ACA easy answer to this one, a £1000 heads up game,who would you rather play? me or lolufold?.
    table selection has become one of the most important aspects of the top cash players,they all use poker tracking software etc to get as much info on their opponents as possible,gl,dave

disclaimer........this is not a offer to play you for £1000  :)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Sky Poker (big boys) : hi ACA easy answer to this one, a £1000 heads up game,who would you rather play? me or lolufold?. table selection has become one of the most important aspects of the top cash players,they all use poker tracking software etc to get as much info on their opponents as possible,gl,dave disclaimer........this is not a offer to play you for £1000  :)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    This!

There's the short answer for ACA.
  • ACAACA
    edited October 2010
    Many thanks for the reply's guys
    The concerned citizen was meant as a joke and clearly missed my target audience.

So in summary they are all waiting for an inebriated donk with a huge BR and poor table selection.

I tick most of these boxes so If someone will stake me we can start as soon as.

If u knock 2 or 3 0's off that Davey we can get that HU on the go :))

• edited October 2010
    Many thanks for the reply's guys The concerned citizen was meant as a joke and clearly missed my target audience. So in summary they are all waiting for Brownndog. I tick most of these boxes so If someone will stake me we can start as soon as. If u knock 2 or 3 0's off that Davey we can get that HU on the go :))  
    Posted by ACA
    FYP

• edited October 2010
    this happened to me a few years ago on gameaccount.com where you could play a pool game for money.. my rating got so high that no1 would play me!!! similar thing here.. they are waiting for some1 they know they have an edge over