You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl flop top top vs reg semi-nit

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
action here?  villain is a reg.  semi nitty but does play pretty weird in that he likes to min raise lots pre.  has on occasion stacked off light vs me but been a while since i played a lot of 30nl so can't really remember.  earlier on in the session he did slow play a set vs me (but he was in position) and just let me barrell off a stack.

Hand History #299957814 (00:57 20/10/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jimmynoleg Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £25.30
x Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £30.18
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

mac60 Raise   £0.60 £1.05 £30.25
scotty77 Raise   £1.80 £2.85 £32.30
Homerflops Fold        
jimmynoleg Fold        
x Call   £1.50 £4.35 £28.68
mac60 Call   £1.20 £5.55 £29.05
Flop

• A

x Check        
mac60 Bet   £0.30 £5.85 £28.75
scotty77 Raise   £3.00 £8.85 £29.30
x Raise   £14.85 £23.70 £13.83
mac60 Fold        
scotty77          

Comments

• edited October 2010

AhXh, set or decent pocket pair and done with the hand if you 3 bet him?

Dont think the decent pocket pair option is likely because he is bascially committed to the hand with his raise so could not get away from it. 

AhXh which you should have crushed but he has outs.

Would possibly play a set like this as he does not like the heart draw .

Close or not?

• edited October 2010

These clinic hands should be titled, "guess the reg" ha.

Im all in here. 
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 30nl flop top top vs reg semi-nit:
    These clinic hands should be titled, "guess the reg" haha. Im all in here. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

the main reason why i open these threads is to see if i can indeed guess the reg :p

will post results after some more views
  • edited October 2010

There's only 2 players that I know who constantly minraise pre - so tilty, doesn't matter which 1 it is - they both play the same really. Thing is in most cases I would say fold here had they played this hand v a normal nl30 player but it's SCOTTY77!! Ryan, they know your an aggro monkey and they will stack off here with AQ and lower v you - It's really hard to know what they had because of your image - in most cases I would say they had the set but as I said previously I think they may be trying to protect their AQ /AJ kinda hands incase your drawing - I don't think they are on a FD tbh because these guys are very nitty and won't commit with anything less that a made hand (unless ofc they have the Ahxh) but that would suk!!

If I were you I would ship it because of your image tbh - any other player - I would probably say fold had they played like that but they probably play it differently v most other players here.

Im confusing myself here so god knows what it's like for you when you are in these spots - nit FTW - much simpler lol!!

• ybyb
    edited October 2010
    Against these nitty regs I think it should be a fold even if its exploitable (they rep so thin but nearly always have it). In game I'd usually stack off though. I think this is pretty accurate:

Board: As 6h 3h
    Dead: 

equity     win     tie           pots won     pots tied   
    Hand 0:     31.981%      11.34%     20.64%               1572          2860.50   { AdKh }
    Hand 1:     68.019%      47.38%     20.64%               6567          2860.50   { 66, 33, AKs, AhQh, AhJh, AKo }

They normally like to set mine a lot so they'd probably be cold calling with 33 even oop, especially as they'd be getting good implied odds with mac involved. I'd raise it a bit more pre fwiw to isolate the fish.
  • edited October 2010
    I think knowing who it is makes it easier. this raise is very much im a nit fold or im bad and made it large gogogogoogo, it looks like they want fold equity so stack off and become tilted when they have a settage.
  • edited October 2010
    it's -v- all day long and it's probably a fold

edit: actually idk
  • edited October 2010

I was thinking Fins/Ratboy......but ratboy wasn't a 30nl reg when Scotty was I don't think......

Can't think of anyone else it cud be........

If it's Ozzie AK is ahead alot of the time here.

"Guess the nit, and the hand....."

I'll go Fins, AK also.
  • edited October 2010
    I folded.

Villain was stanley46 whatever.  I've played with him before but not tonnes and have been playing a fair bit of 30nl the last couple of days.

IMO looked like a raise for value rather than one with a draw.  I guess he could have AQ here max but decided to sigh and nit fold
  • edited October 2010
    I was thinking Stanley as 1 of em - wiiiiiiiiiiii!!

Gonna PM you Ryan