You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i call the all in shove, and in fact should it of got that far

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Guys and Girls just wanted to ask your opinion about the following hand. do you think it was wise to call the all in shove on river or not,have my own reasoning for why but just wondered what you all think

p.s this is not jst a gloat because i won,just want to know whether or not overall it was best play
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jesusdog22 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.46
COSHIDA106 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £21.05
  Your hole cards
  • A

Gunnarsten Fold     
wjm902 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £24.51
woody23 Call  £0.30 £1.05 £22.91
arthur1965 Call  £0.30 £1.35 £70.75
jesusdog22 Raise  £1.20 £2.55 £28.26
COSHIDA106 Fold     
wjm902 Call  £1.05 £3.60 £23.46
woody23 Call  £1.05 £4.65 £21.86
arthur1965 Call  £1.05 £5.70 £69.70
Flop

• A
  • J

jesusdog22 Check     
wjm902 Check     
woody23 Check     
arthur1965 Bet  £2.85 £8.55 £66.85
jesusdog22 Raise  £8.55 £17.10 £19.71
wjm902 Fold     
woody23 Fold     
arthur1965 Call  £5.70 £22.80 £61.15
Turn

• A

jesusdog22 Check     
arthur1965 Check     
River

jesusdog22 Check     
arthur1965 Bet  £22.80 £45.60 £38.35
jesusdog22 All-in  £19.71 £65.31 £0.00
arthur1965 Unmatched bet  £3.09 £62.22 £41.44
jesusdog22 Show
  • A

arthur1965 Show
  • Q

jesusdog22 Win Three Aces £60.42

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Limp or fold pre, absolutely no point in raising.

Fold flop.

Try and get all money in from turn onwards.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: should i call the all in shove, and in fact should it of got that far:
    Limp or fold pre, absolutely no point in raising. Fold flop. Try and get all money in from turn onwards.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thanks dohhhhhhh would always welcome comments from a player of your stature, if i could explain the reasoning behind it and tell me what you think....i raised pre as there had been a lot of limpers and i though the pot was worth taking down, i raised as a call would not of told me where i was...when i had the 3 callers i was obvuosly concerned about my awful kicker..post flop i again wanted to see where i was at, maybe somewhat stubbornly!!!

the villian that called on the flop was the biggest LAG on the table and as he was on the button knew he would C bet with any 2, i reraised him expecting a fold.

On the turn it def played itself and when he shoved river i was very happy he had busted draw
  • edited October 2010
    WP personally i like the raise rather then a limp, also it disguises your poor hand, so if played raise pre good

Liked re-raise on the flop if against very loose player and your trying to take the pot there and then, after the turn comes its how you get paid, check appeared weak so could be why he has attempted the bluff on the river. but this is only bit i dont like i would put it in there then will get paid by flush chaser. but worked fine

well played good read nice hand
  • edited October 2010

Hey Jesus, Ive played thousands of hands at 30nl on sky, and very rarely do people limp in then fold to a 4xbb raise.

Therefore, all you are doing is making the pot bigger, with a raggy - ace type hand, ad you have to play the flop from the worst position on the table (first to act).

With 3 limper's, you would have to make a raise of something like £2.50, and even then I would bet on at least 1 caller. It really isn't worth it.........

As you can see, your raise didn't thin the field, it didn't get any of the limper's to fold, so it served no purpose. The more experience you get playing these guys at nl30 on sky, the more you'll understand that charging limpers tax out of position with poor hands like A4, isn't gonna work.

Nice hand in the end tho.

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: should i call the all in shove, and in fact should it of got that far:
    Hey Jesus, Ive played thousands of hands at 30nl on sky, and very rarely do people limp in then fold to a 4xbb raise. Therefore, all you are doing is making the pot bigger, with a raggy - ace type hand, ad you have to play the flop from the worst position on the table (first to act). With 3 limper's, you would have to make a raise of something like £2.50, and even then I would bet on at least 1 caller. It really isn't worth it......... As you can see, your raise didn't thin the field, it didn't get any of the limper's to fold, so it served no purpose. The more experience you get playing these guys at nl30 on sky, the more you'll understand that charging limpers tax out of position with poor hands like A4, isn't gonna work. Nice hand in the end tho.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thx mate i am new to this site so was not sure what to expect, i though a 4x raise would get rid of hands like my own, then when thy all called i knew i should of raised more but still thought no one had much as would of expected the 3 bet....when they all checked the flop i wanted to see where i was so riased(ignoring the guy to my left as he raised everything) once he called my re raise i was finished with the hand...until the ace came of course.would def raise higher next time, or fold!!!