You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bad beats over 100 hands in a row???

edited October 2010 in Area 51
just had the worst week of bad beats ever , AA busted by j 10 off
kk busted by 32 off etc etc etc
i really am thinking that sky poker favours the brave ( biggest bankrolls ) as they just shove and u have to call with AA , do these players no someting i dont ??? if they are shoving with air and hitting 100 % of the time ( against me ) how come they are still playing ??? statistically if they are playing this bad surely they should be losing in most of the cases ???? but they are here every day and still playing the same , they must know that skypoker wants people to raise the post really high to get a bigger rake and there for are being rewarded all the time , somebody please tell me what are the chances of getting bad beats in 100 hands ???
even if its a 80/20 chance everytime surely they should lose 80 % of the time out of a hundred and most of the hands were more like 95 / 5 ....i know bad beats happen but 100 % of the time over 100 hands ????
sick sick sick 

Comments

• edited October 2010
    100 hands in a row lol you run bad!

• edited October 2010

100 bad beats in a row is possible, but exceedingly unlikely. I'd be interested to see the evidence. 

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: bad beats over 100 hands in a row???:
    100 bad beats in a row is possible, but exceedingly unlikely. I'd be interested to see the evidence. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1 must be zillion to 1 for it to happen

• edited October 2010
    Welcome to the forum Airborneuk, sorry you've experienced a tempestuous time recently. You’ll probably find that your 101st hand will be good - that’s simply the way that the fickle finger of poker works, and yes; it is a cruel mistress. 

On hand 101, you’ll probably be holding 7, 2 off-suit, and the other player will be holding twelvety-five aces, and yet you’ll still outdraw them. The bad beats you receive today, will be eradicated by the bad beats you dish out tomorrow... except that bad beats don’t actually exist... it’s just a combination of fate, luck and skill (in no particular order). 

It’s what makes poker – and life – such a stimulating challenge. If it was easy, it would be no fun whatsoever.

Try one more hand, and please post how the 101st one goes (in detail please – leave nothing out). Breathe deeply, concentrate, and read the texture of the flop. If you’re behind; bet.

We’re all rooting for you.

• edited October 2010
    Try a 100,000 sample size, rather than 100.

Are these all in pre flop that you are talking about?

If not, you may see a flop 3 handed, then your pocket aces are reduced to more of a 55% favourite. 

Post some hands, 95 of them if u have time, I for one would love to read them.

(I love badbeat threads!!!) :)

• edited October 2010
    Posted by Tikay10

it wasnt like i played 100 hands in a row and got bad beats , i counted all my bad beats in that week and it tottaled 100 more than than i won i think i bad beated 6 and the other hands were folded or played through the board , the bad beats were all ins pre flop , i think i am gonna
     stick to blackjack till i build up my bankroll again !!!!....lol
  • edited October 2010
    Try a 100,000 sample size, rather than 100. Are these all in pre flop that you are talking about? If not, you may see a flop 3 handed, then your pocket aces are reduced to more of a 55% favourite.  Post some hands, 95 of them if u have time, I for one would love to read them. (I love badbeat threads!!!) :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I though your get out clause was 100 million hands.
    Are you tightening up?