You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

VEGAS BABY

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi guys and girls and orford

i am off to vegas at new year and i am trying to balance the saving money thing with the potentoially expensive poker practice, im not doing badly recently but certainly would not class myself as a winning player..

what sort of games should i play which would give me great practice but also protect by small recently aquired bankroll from decimatio

cheers

p.s this is a genuine question and not just a gloat because im off to vegas...it is with the girlfriend and here parents so not exactly the dream trip!!!!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to VEGAS BABY:
    ..it is with the girlfriend and here parents so not exactly the dream trip!!!!
    Posted by jesusdog22

....would like to be there when your gf looks over at your lappy and sees this bit....

• edited October 2010
    Hi guys and girls and orford   i am off to vegas at new year and i am trying to balance the saving money thing with the potentoially expensive poker practice, im not doing badly recently but certainly would not class myself as a winning player.. what sort of games should i play which would give me great practice but also protect by small recently aquired bankroll from decimatio cheers p.s this is a genuine question and not just a gloat because im off to vegas...it is with the girlfriend and here parents so not exactly the dream trip!!!!
    Posted by jesusdog22
    go to allvegaspoker.com there are some gd reviews that give you an idea of where the softest games are.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: VEGAS BABY:
    In Response to VEGAS BABY : ....would like to be there when your gf looks over at your lappy and sees this bit....
    Posted by jakally
    you think i would of posted that if thre was any chance of  her seeing it
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: VEGAS BABY:
    In Response to VEGAS BABY : go to allvegaspoker.com there are some gd reviews that give you an idea of where the softest games are.
    Posted by hotpotato
    hot potatoi cheers, but i have been a fair few times before so think im ok, might have a quick browse as it has ben a few yaers!!!
  • edited October 2010
    Hi guys and girls and orford   i am off to vegas at new year and i am trying to balance the saving money thing with the potentoially expensive poker practice, im not doing badly recently but certainly would not class myself as a winning player.. what sort of games should i play which would give me great practice but also protect by small recently aquired bankroll from decimatio cheers p.s this is a genuine question and not just a gloat because im off to vegas...it is with the girlfriend and here parents so not exactly the dream trip!!!!
    Posted by jesusdog22
    Hi,

The only practice i would advise is to play a few times live, if you havent before. As long as you play solid poker out there you will be alright.
    I went 2 years ago and Tikay and Norman Pace told me to play tight, out of position, ie only play good hands, and when in postion, play a bit more wider. Always remember to NEVER chase your money, stick to an amout for each session and stick to it, if having a bad session, LEAVE.
    I only played 1 tourney, the $300 12 noon at Ceasers, and i didnt feel out of my depth(i came 8th out of 93 runners). This is a great poker room, good structure, so do a bit of research before going and enjoy.

col