You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU silly spot

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Right second hand, first hand i 3 x bb, then called by a8 i had 810, neither hit so checked all way. no reads as only 1 hand played together lol

Do you think this is standard or have i overplayed? not a turbo normal sit n go i know i had alot of time but if i am very aggressive heads up
luckysam Small blind   10.00 10.00 1550.00
YOUNG_GUN Big blind   20.00 30.00 1420.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

luckysam Raise   80.00 110.00 1470.00
YOUNG_GUN Raise   280.00 390.00 1140.00
luckysam Call   210.00 600.00 1260.00
Flop

• K
  • J
  • J

YOUNG_GUN All-in   1140.00 1740.00 0.00
luckysam Call   1140.00 2880.00 120.00
luckysam Show
  • K
  • K

YOUNG_GUN Show
  • Q
  • A

Turn

River

luckysam Win Full House, Kings and Jacks 2880.00   3000.00

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Your pre-flop play looks OK, though I'm surprised he didn't get you all in, I would have.

Considering the pre-flop action his range looks fairly tight and would include many hands have you beat; AK, AJ, KK, JJ for example. That's a dangerous flop for your cards, you'd probably force him to fold any pairs TT or lower, maybe even QQ, but shoving here looks like a mistake IMO.
  • edited October 2010
    preflop raises is wayyyyy too big for HU, firstly he openes to 4x which is pretty large and would indicate a strong hand so i wouldnt fault flat calling here (might be results orirentated?). but your 3bet is definately too big.
    flop is mehh because we do have an over and gutshot but he has so many KQ KJ QJ JT AJ KTs hands that i think we are getting called very often. if rather c/evaluate.

just one thing you say the first hand you had T8 raised he called with A8 and he won at showdown because it was checked down, the very next sentence you say that you are veyr aggressive HU. does not compute!
  • edited October 2010
    well i am agressive heads up hence why the above, after that flop main reason i bet for them to fold underpair but got slapped in the face lol

hand before i wasnt agressive just standard raise from button and didnt see any of value betting so was happy to check down.
  • ybyb
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: HU silly spot:
    well i am agressive heads up hence why the above, after that flop main reason i bet for them to fold underpair but got slapped in the face lol hand before i wasnt agressive just standard raise from button and didnt see any of value betting so was happy to check down.
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Why are you happy to check a hand down with T high?
  • edited October 2010
    oppo might have nine high innit
  • edited October 2010
    basically i thought in no way was i going to win the hand lolz board wasnt good so wasnt putting any more in only reason i put that as was hand before so showing why no reads