You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Satellite Dish 1 v 0 emilyegg

edited October 2010 in The Shed

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Anyone else ever done anything really daft?

I was trying to install a satellite system for a work colleague on Tuesday.

Instead of accessing a concrete ledge (which was in a perfect position to mount the dish) by ladder, I decided to jump from my friends verandah. Epic Fail.

Two days in Lincoln County Hospital  with a broken Tibia for me....4 different casts fitted and 6 months of rehab to come.

And I was so hungry on Tuesday night in the hospital that I even ate a tuna sandwich.

Tell us all about your self-inflicted injuries!!!

Gas and Air and the Puzzle Page in the Daily Mirror for the win!!
  • edited October 2010
    My current stats on attempted installs for the week are........

P   W    D    L   F   A    GD  Pts
    emilyegg                1    0    0    1   0   1    -1    0
  • edited October 2010
    Sorry for laughing rob but i cant help it, this picture keeps flashing through my mind.
  • edited October 2010
    luckly this was not me, but watching utube on 4 i saw thiis kid on his skate board jumping down steps he made to the bottom but the board snapped and one half went up right between his knackers, he ende up needing a few stitches, best thing was when he was sceaming to his mates he was bleeding there they were just just standing there and not one phoned for medics
  • edited October 2010
    Lol, hope you're up and about soon Eggy, ya daft bampot!
  • edited October 2010
    When I was 9 I managed to break my arm by running straight into the corner of a brick wall at school. From that moment on I fully understood why they teach you to look up when playing football!
  • edited October 2010
    Talking of epic fails, I laughed so hard when I saw this. Serves him right imo.

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Satelitte Dish 1 v 0 emilyegg:
    When I was 9 I managed to break my arm by running straight into the corner of a brick wall at school. From that moment on I fully understood why they teach you to look up when playing football!
    Posted by silentbob
    had similar when was about 8our 9 went to head the ball and headbutted the corner wall of out house stitches now out but  a dent still there lol

im my head not the house before someone gets clever
  • edited October 2010
    loads,well not loads but a few.
    jumped off roof onto a matress(broken ankle)
    buried alive(nearly me life but suffered bust pelvis traped nerves and internal bleedings)
    cut me finger off(cut me finger off)
    punched window thru(stitches lots)
    stepped off saw bench into a bucket(disslocated thumb)
    knocked off me bike doing me paper round(no injuries just a bol loc king off me dad)
    went thru bak windscreen of a car on me bike again(glass removed from hand 2 stitches)

unlucky rob get well soon m8
  • edited October 2010
    Also aged about 9 or 10. Went conkering with my cousins, one of whom, Adrian decided that his dads small axe would be ideal for getting those pesky conkers off the trees. As you all know the best way to get them is to throw something at them to knock them off above your head. Adrian did this and i'll let you guess the result. Anyway, he still has a metal plate in his skull!!!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    On my holiday in the summer in Menorca, I decided to join in fiesta season festivities by trying to touch rearing horses on the heart, one landed on my bare foot, ruined half my hols and I had to have 2 weeks off work.
    I was smashed obv

Years ago, was on my may home with couple of mates, saw a massive camper van outside this club, one of those with the ladder on the back, I couldnt resist, climbed up and started dancing on the roof to the music comin from the club.  The owner came out, big massive guy, so I decided to jump off, landed in a crumpled heap, had to be carried home.  Had about 3 weeks off for that one.  Smashed again obv.

I stumbled out of a lapdancing club once, I dunno where my legs went but my face met a kerb, hospital job, 11 stitches above my eye.  Smashed again obv

I once got stung on my you know wot by a wasp as well.  That smarted a touch
  • edited October 2010
    On my holiday in the summer in Menorca, I decided to join in fiesta season festivities by trying to touch rearing horses on the heart, one landed on my bare foot, ruined half my hols and I had to have 2 weeks off work. I was smashed obv Years ago, was on my may home with couple of mates, saw a massive camper van outside this club, one of those with the ladder on the back, I couldnt resist, climbed up and started dancing on the roof to the music comin from the club.  The owner came out, big massive guy, so I decided to jump off, landed in a crumpled heap, had to be carried home.  Had about 3 weeks off for that one.  Smashed again obv. I stumbled out of a lapdancing club once, I dunno where my legs went but my face met a kerb, hospital job, 11 stitches above my eye.  Smashed again obv I once got stung on my you know wot by a wasp as well.  That smarted a touch
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Let me guess. You left a lapdancing club smashed, spotted a wasp's nest and started throwing some shapes next to it with your pants down?
  • edited October 2010
    Rod Hull ftw
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    .. and Tony Hayers!

You need to be more careful, Eggy - less stunts! Get well soon.

• edited October 2010
    On my holiday in the summer in Menorca, I decided to join in fiesta season festivities by trying to touch rearing horses on the heart, one landed on my bare foot, ruined half my hols and I had to have 2 weeks off work. I was smashed obv Years ago, was on my may home with couple of mates, saw a massive camper van outside this club, one of those with the ladder on the back, I couldnt resist, climbed up and started dancing on the roof to the music comin from the club.  The owner came out, big massive guy, so I decided to jump off, landed in a crumpled heap, had to be carried home.  Had about 3 weeks off for that one.  Smashed again obv. I stumbled out of a lapdancing club once, I dunno where my legs went but my face met a kerb, hospital job, 11 stitches above my eye.  Smashed again obv I once got stung on my you know wot by a wasp as well.  That smarted a touch
    Posted by OMahonyO
    What a situation!!! Sitting duck!!!

Was he content with the injuries already sustained? or go for the "value BEaT" on the river.........

• edited October 2010
    Smashed again obv I once got stung on my you know wot by a wasp as well.  That smarted a touch
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Real wasp probably saw what it thought was another wasp and said to itself "I'm having a bit of that!", before realising it's mistake...
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Satelitte Dish 1 v 0 emilyegg : .. and Tony Hayers! You need to be more careful, Eggy - less stunts! Get well soon.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Ironic, really. He worked in television his whole life, and died getting an aerial off a roof. So in the end, it was television that killed him.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Satelitte Dish 1 v 0 emilyegg : What a situation!!! Sitting duck!!! Was he content with the injuries already sustained? or go for the "value BEaT" on the river.........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hahahaha, he was content with sustained injuries
  • edited October 2010
    At the age of 58 I developed ''sleepwalking''

3am I went from the top to the bottom of the stairs. Was unconscious for about 10 minutes according to my wife, who was in the dining room checking the insurance policies when I finally recovered consciousness.

Blue lights and paramedics at 3am - neighbours all reckoned I was drunk, those that know us better reckon I was pushed - 3 broken ribs, nasty knock on the head, serious damage to front teeth and bruised from head to foot.

We now have child-gates on the bedroom door and at the top of the stairs  :o)

Get well soon Emily
  • edited October 2010
    O Rob!!!

Sorry to hear about this, Ya Mad Fool YA!!

Get well soon!! LOTS of poker on the laptop meybe!!

Use your time well, i expect ya to sort out a stonkin footie bet for me this weekend if ya been readin the form!

Injuries.... loads of stitches bout 80/90, reckon 20 from me brother, 3 diff wounds, was ruff in ma manor, lol!!

only breaks in ma fists lucky for me!!

I'll pm ya a joke every day so ya dont get lonley!!

love to helen & kids hope they are well
  • edited October 2010
    LOLOLOL You are all mad. Thanks for the good wishes and all your injury stories.